Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #91
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
April is actually a subject that I think is a really good one. I don't think many would want to change it (I hope).

April
MobileRead Author (must be a book from an author who frequents MobileRead)
I certainly don't want to change it!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:58 PM   #92
readingrocks!
x
readingrocks! doesn't litterreadingrocks! doesn't litter

Device: None
Misplaced comment

Last edited by readingrocks!; 02-21-2009 at 07:51 PM.
readingrocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #93
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
Quote:
Originally Posted by readingrocks! View Post
Sorry.....didn't realize April was already set.
Don't worry. I didn't know either and I thought you had a good idea.
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #94
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by readingrocks! View Post
Sorry.....didn't realize April was already set.
Yep... the whole year is set. Check out the Book Club group...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/group.php?groupid=11

There is a thread there with the book club schedule of past and future topics and books with links to all the threads.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/gro...iscussionid=15

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #95
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
April
MobileRead Author (must be a book from an author who frequents MobileRead)
We're basically already doing that this month, by reading Richard Herley's Refuge. Maybe another Herley in April?
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #96
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
We're basically already doing that this month, by reading Richard Herley's Refuge. Maybe another Herley in April?
I'm already rooting for Jeffrey Carver's first book.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #97
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'm already rooting for Jeffrey Carver's first book.
That would be a good choice also.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #98
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
That would be a good choice also.
Hey hey hey... the April nom thread is still quite a ways a way. Slow down now.

BOb
Old 02-22-2009, 04:32 AM   #99
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Hey hey hey... the April nom thread is still quite a ways a way.

Mmmmm - noms.
Nom nom nom
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #100
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Mmmmm - noms.
Nom nom nom
's exactly what I thought when I read BOb's post
Old 02-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #101
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Same here... Especially since I just had put 'nom nom nom' in the Kittens 'n' Kindles thread...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #102
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Just goes to prove my point... LOLCats are the scourge of the internet.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #103
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Just goes to prove my point... LOLCats are the scourge of the internet.

Although I've referred to food as "nom-noms", and eating as "nom nom nom" since before LOLcats. You'd think my mum might despair of her 30-something daughter behaving like that, but she's worse
Old 02-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #104
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Although I've referred to food as "nom-noms", and eating as "nom nom nom" since before LOLcats.
Maybe its a brit thing. You folks have really messed up the good ole American language.

BOb
Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #105
Nickfdr
Enthusiast
Nickfdr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Didn't America mess up england's language: labour to labor, fish and chips, to fish and fries?
Nickfdr is offline   Reply With Quote