Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #91
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi Paul,
I can go back and grab version 1.31 (which was the last time we just left in zero sized sections I think) and try and backport all of the changes since for fixing the issue when the srcs count is greater than 1 and setting the srcs to ffffffff and count to 0 and see if I can get it to work with his testcase.

I don't have time this week but I should have some time next week to give it a try and I will post back here if I can get something to work.

Take care,

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #92
quiris
Groupie
quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles: KOA1, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I can go back and grab version 1.31
Could you tell me where is version 1.31 available to download?

EDIT: Nevermind… Got it from this thread.

Last edited by quiris; 11-24-2013 at 12:08 PM.
quiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #93
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Experimental kindlestrip_v135alt.py

Hi,

I have taken the kindlestrip_v131.py source (the one that left the srcs sections in the main palm database but made each 0 length) and backported and cleaned up a number of things things from the 1.32 through 1.35 series in an attempt to make a source stripper that will work properly with the very latest Kindlegen (especially for devices that have HD images).

So please download kindlestrip_v135alt.py.zip and let me know if that seems to fix your issue.

If so, I will clean it up further and then adding proper paths and command line parsing to get full unicode compliance to make an official release

Hope this does the trick.

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 12-04-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #94
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I never had any issues with striping MOBIs created by latest KindleGen and filled with HD graphics. So I can't really provide any feedback this time.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #95
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,
Only shows up with stripped (not split) mobis on Kindle Fire HD and similar devices.
Here is the only testcase I have:

(post 86 in this thread)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=86

to see it try using Kindle Previewer (again the very latest) using the HD device setting. Kindlegen now adds in a second BOUNDARY section with container section that has placeholders for normal images and higher resolution images and its own EXTH section as well.

See the latest DumpMobiHeader_v14 posted in this thread to see these new sections.

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 11-26-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Advert
Old 11-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #96
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Ah that would explain why I never encountered this problem. I don't use this type of image anchoring.

Nice work.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 11-26-2013 at 05:04 PM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:05 AM   #97
quiris
Groupie
quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Quote:
So please download kindlestrip_v135alt.py.zip and let me know if that seems to fix your issue.
I've tested the altered version and I can confirm that your fix DOES work properly. Thank you!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #98
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,
Great, glad to hear it works. I will add in some utility routines to properly grab command line parameters as utf-8 to make everything unicode safe and post a 1.36 version later this week or early next when I have more time.

Take care,

KevinH
Old 12-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #99
quiris
Groupie

KevinH, I don't know if it is related to handling utf-8, but I am not able to unpack (with KindleUnpack 0.62) the stripped file with altered version of KindleStrip 1.35.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #100
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiris View Post
KevinH, I don't know if it is related to handling utf-8, but I am not able to unpack (with KindleUnpack 0.62) the stripped file with altered version of KindleStrip 1.35.
I checked it with DumpMobiHeader v14, but not with the pre-release 0.63 version of KindleUnpack but I will test and fix one or the other as necessary.

Thanks for the bug report.

KevinH
Old 12-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #101
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,

The bug was in kindlestrip_v135alt.py as it hacked off the BOUNDARY section which immediately followed the SRCS sections by mistake (added one section too many in length).

So hang on and don't use kindlestrip_v135alt.py until I get it fixed and get the command line unicode support added.
Sorry about that.

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 12-04-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #102
KevinH
Sigil Developer

kindlestrip_v136.py

Hi,
I had some spare time and tracked down how best to fix the bug and added in the utf8 path routines so please try the attached version and make sure that it will now unpack properly with KindleUnpack and will work properly with your image test case problem.

Hope this does the trick.

KevinH
Attached Files
File Type: zip kindlestrip_v136.py.zip (4.8 KB, 466 views)
Old 12-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #103
quiris
Groupie

KevinH, thank you for a quick update

All tests perfomed by me using KindleStrip 1.36 with two different problematic Mobi files:
1) Stripped Mobi files have images placed in right places - OK
2) Stripped Mobi files are usable for unpack with KindleUnpack 0.62 - OK
Old 12-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #104
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi Quiris,

Glad to hear it. I had to change the command line interface to deal with the potential for multiple SRCS sections (adding a -d to the command line will dump copies of each SRCS section to the current working directory) and need to test all of that a bit more and then I think kindlestrip_v136.py will be ready for general release.

I also have to talk to Paul (pdurrant) to see if the command line changes I made are compatible with his nice Applescript interface or if changes are needed to make things play well together.

Thanks again for your testing and reporting back of bugs.

KevinH
Old 12-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #105
quiris
Groupie

Quote:
Please try the attached DumpMobiHeader_v014.py on a Kindlegen 2.9 generated mobi.
I'm sorry for a little off-topic but I have a one - important for me question. Do you know how to identify presence of HTML TOC in header dump only?

I am unable to find the info nowhere

Tags
k5 tools, mobi2mobi