Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Location Based Services and the HDX 2013

Overnight I noticed that HDX 2013 dropped 3% of its battery energy versus only 1% for the HD 2012. Thus, I turned off Location Based Services on the HDX 2013 (under Settings / Wireless) as I had done quite some time ago on the HD 2012. GSam shows that HERE Positioning was using 2.2% of my battery energy.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Overnight I noticed that HDX 2013 dropped 3% of its battery energy versus only 1% for the HD 2012. Thus, I turned off Location Based Services on the HDX 2013 (under Settings / Wireless) as I had done quite some time ago on the HD 2012. GSam shows that HERE Positioning was using 2.2% of my battery energy.
Oh! Good idea! I didn't even think to look there. You might want to post that in our Trick and tips thread that is sticky.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert