Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Can't download Calibre

Although this isn't exactly a problem limited to Calibre, I'm hoping that some of you computer savy wizards can help me.
I believed my computer was under a virus attack so I closed it down quickly and then changed all settings to high security and ran Microsoft Security essentials. Well, I might have overdone it.

For example, if I now try to run Calibre (next to last version) I get "Python function terminated unexpectedly (5, 'CreateFile', 'Access is denied,') (Error Code: 1)

So I go to Calibre site to download the latest version, click on download and absilutely nothing happens. I have run both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of IE9 and checked under Tools>Internet Options>Security that downloads are enabled.

A similar thing happens when I want to go to Yahoo Mail or AOL Mail, those log in pages will not show (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage) and Button to diagnose connection problem (other pages, like MR are displayed, so no connection problem) and nothing happens if I click the Diagnose button. (SSL and TSL are enabled).

I have some time ago downloaded and installed FireFox and Chrome, neither will start now and off cours I am no longer able to download a new version.

This is really really frustrating (I use and older XP machine to handle the mail issue) and I'm hoping someone here know where I went wrong and what I can do to correct it. It is as if i had locked the HDD for any outside access (great for security but impractical in our present connected world).
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Although this isn't exactly a problem limited to Calibre, I'm hoping that some of you computer savy wizards can help me.
I believed my computer was under a virus attack so I closed it down quickly and then changed all settings to high security and ran Microsoft Security essentials. Well, I might have overdone it.

For example, if I now try to run Calibre (next to last version) I get "Python function terminated unexpectedly (5, 'CreateFile', 'Access is denied,') (Error Code: 1)

So I go to Calibre site to download the latest version, click on download and absilutely nothing happens. I have run both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of IE9 and checked under Tools>Internet Options>Security that downloads are enabled.

A similar thing happens when I want to go to Yahoo Mail or AOL Mail, those log in pages will not show (Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage) and Button to diagnose connection problem (other pages, like MR are displayed, so no connection problem) and nothing happens if I click the Diagnose button. (SSL and TSL are enabled).

I have some time ago downloaded and installed FireFox and Chrome, neither will start now and off cours I am no longer able to download a new version.

This is really really frustrating (I use and older XP machine to handle the mail issue) and I'm hoping someone here know where I went wrong and what I can do to correct it. It is as if i had locked the HDD for any outside access (great for security but impractical in our present connected world).
Use care where you go: Disable the Firewall and A/V, then try the OFFICIAL Calibre site.
Re-enable the FW and A/V as soon as the download completes.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert