Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 05:28 AM   #1
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
Smile Problems with 0.7.15 (Windows/7)

Hi,
After I installed 0.7.15 on top of 0.7.14 and started the program, I only got the splash screen and then nothing. In Process Explorer I could see that calibre.exe and calibre-parallel.exe (2 times while in 0.7.14 it is initially 4 times) were loaded, but there was no way I could get the program on top.

Removed 0.7.15 and re-installed 0.7.14 and had no problems, program was working fine, could import books, etc.

Decided to remove 0.7.14 and re-install 0.7.15 and then I got the splash screen and I could import a book but that never came to an end.

After more testing I finally have 0.7.15 working but only after I cleared the box for "Limit the max. simultaneous jobs to the available CPU cores". I was triggered by this option as the initial startup of 0.7.15 only showed 2 times calibre-parallel.exe while I always saw that this program was initially loaded 4 times.

Hope this helps for somebody else having problems with 0.7.15

Note that this is the first time since using 0.7.xx I have problems with an upgrade to a newer version...not bad..

Regards...Dick
cloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:39 AM   #2
solitaire
Connoisseur
solitaire began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Galaxy S5
It will help if you state your detailed configuration like type of processors, hyperthreading enabled, amount of RAM etc.

I am using V0.7.15 without any issues on Win 7 (64bit).
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 07:26 AM   #3
cloggy
Connoisseur

..would you also like to know my age, where I was born, where I life now, how tall I am, my shoe size..
Old 08-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
solitaire
Connoisseur
solitaire began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Galaxy S5
Mate, I was just trying to help you by looking if your hardware or Win config had anything to with the problem that only you seem to be having.

If you don't need any assistance then just say so; no need for smartass comments.

Good luck and again: Calibre 0.7.15 works without any such issues on Win 7.
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
cloggy
Connoisseur

..sorry, but I can't remember that I asked for any help.
If you read my post well you can see that after clearing that particular option, Calibre 0.7.15 is working OK for me.

The reason of my post was not a cry for help but a hint for other users who might run into this.
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloggy View Post
..sorry, but I can't remember that I asked for any help.
If you read my post well you can see that after clearing that particular option, Calibre 0.7.15 is working OK for me.

The reason of my post was not a cry for help but a hint for other users who might run into this.
You confused us with you Subject line

If you had ended it with "[Solved]"
we would see the

If this was part of an originally , reported problem, amending that thread (and subject) would add Clarity
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I think there is also the issue that the solution suggested should not have been needed, and so there was a desire to see if the cause of the original problem could be identified.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I had the same problem, with the same Task Manager output, also on Windows 7. Core Duo 7400 2.8 mhz. 6 gigs of RAM, 3 320 SATA hard drives, Invidia 8600 GT video card.

I chronicled this over in another thread, but uninstalling/reinstalling with restarts in between solved the problem for me.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote