Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
Mayr
Connoisseur
Mayr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3Gs
Sony store Us only?

I'm from Portugal and eager on entering the ebook world.
I haven't quite decided the right reader for me since this is a world a lot more complex than I expected with all the formats, readers, conversions etc...

After spending the last 2 days reading this forum I'm pretty impressed with the Sony prs-505.
But I have a question, can I buy ebooks from the sony store or (just like Amazon) I have to have a US credit card?

Thanks in advance for such a great forum.
Mayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayr View Post
After spending the last 2 days reading this forum I'm pretty impressed with the Sony prs-505.
But I have a question, can I buy ebooks from the sony store or (just like Amazon) I have to have a US credit card?
Hi Mayr, and welcome!

You can easily find ebooks on other sites like Waterstones.co.uk, ebooks.com (here make sure you select the good file format) and many others with a valid credit card. For the sony store, either you have a credit card through, for example, a friend, either you can buy a gift card from a member of the site (LeapingGnome and disney_mommy, for example- check first the flea market section, then PM them), either you try the old trick and "adapt" the billing info to both the US format and your credit card
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert