Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
mschermer
mschermer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Angry eBook Won't Work on Satellite Internet

I've had my 505 for a year or so. Down loaded over 100 books to my PC. Loved it.

Oct/Nov of 2008 I could no longer access the eBook store from my PC. Called Sony support. They tried everything. Finally said it was a HughesNet Satellite Service problem. I access the internet via HughesNet. I called HughesNet. They said it was a Sony problem.

Took my laptop over to a neighbor's house that has WildBlue Satellite service. It works fine there. I download 4-5 books/mth. The laptop won't work on HughesNet. I turn off all firewalls and Norton. Still no luck. The Sony help desk says they are still trying to solve my problem, but have no solution.

Any suggestions?
Mike
mschermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead!

Seriously, I"m not trying to be facetious, but have you considered changing to WildBlue?

If your neighbor can get it, it must be your satellite service?

How strange, tho.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
mschermer
mschermer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I can access dozens of catalog web sites, 3 banks, 2 stock brokers and the Sony eBook store. I initially ordered 100 + books from the eBook store on my PC. All on the HughesNet Satellite Network. Then late last year something changed. I have a two year deal with HughesNet and like their service. Can't change to WildBlue. Sony's help desk has admitted that they think this is their problems. They just can't fix it.
mschermer is offline   Reply With Quote