Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
At the time, the OP had Kindle DX listed on the device line. It doesn't say that now. Since the OP apparently no longer has a Kindle DX, my comment is not relevant.
But if you read the OP's post, you would see it was talking about the Nuke (typo for nook) 2nd generation. A lot of people don't list all the devices (or updated when they get a new one) they have especially once they get a new one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This thread is getting way off topic. Talking about the Kindle and library book lending with the Kindle has NOTHING to do with what the OP is asking.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #18
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This thread is getting way off topic. Talking about the Kindle and library book lending with the Kindle has NOTHING to do with what the OP is asking.
I agree. The question was answered. ADE is required to borrow library books on a Nook.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #19
jerrry94087
Enthusiast
jerrry94087 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
At the time, the OP had Kindle DX listed on the device line. It doesn't say that now. Since the OP apparently no longer has a Kindle DX, my comment is not relevant.
Sorry, I was going to buy Kindle DX but change mind in favor of Nook Touch. For the same reason: Kindle doesn't allow to lend books. I won't pay for books while publishing houses make ~90% of the money.

Last edited by jerrry94087; 06-10-2011 at 11:30 PM.
jerrry94087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #20
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrry94087 View Post
Sorry, I was going to buy Kindle DX but change mind in favor of Nook Touch. For the same reason: Kindle doesn't allow to lend books. I won't pay for books while publishing houses make ~90% of the money.
The same same books that are lendable on Nook are lendable on Kindle. Unfortunately, none of the major publishers now support lending. There were a lot of lendable books pulled after the Kindle began lending last December.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #21
timtam5
timtam5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi TimW,
Just read the Overdrive link you kindly supplied. Why - 'The Kindle Library Lending program is only available for libraries, schools, and colleges in the United States'? - People in other parts of the world read too!
I have a Kindle. My local library loans via Overdrive, and I convert these using the Calibre plugin, it only takes a couple of minutes. I'm removing the DRM now (illegally perhaps), and will continue to because I don't live in the US. weird.
timtam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:46 AM   #22
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
I agree with your decision to get a Touch, but have you read the Nook lending rules? They are extremely restrictive. If I remember correctly, you can lend a particular book only once, EVER. In other words, it's not just that you are prevented from lending to several people at the same time, but you are also limited to lending a particular book only once to one person and that's it, forever. So, the lending ability of Nook books is not a great reason for preferring Nook over something else, IMHO. But it is a great device.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #23
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Quote:
Luckily there are many indie authors whose books are available for both Kindle and Nook. You may support them with a clear conscience!
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #24
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
If you have a Kindle DX, when Kindle library lending begins, it will be directly through Overdrive. ADE won't be used.
Really? This is good news- I despise ADE.

ADE is buggy as hell, and their support sucks. I have a Nook Color but don't read library books on it because the aggravation factor was so high. Books are one of the things I don't feel guilty about buying though, so it's all good.

Last edited by voracious71; 06-12-2011 at 06:25 PM.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #25
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
Really? This is good news- I despise ADE.

ADE is buggy as hell, and their support sucks. I have a Nook Color but don't read library books on it because the aggravation factor was so high. Books are one of the things I don't feel guilty about buying though, so it's all good.

Had problems with it also. Have many friends and family to share with then to spend time with the limited library access and wait times.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote