Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #106
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
One of the best features about Marvin for me, is the Collections facility. I too have different libraries in Calibre and using the new MXD extension from Calibre together with Collections in Marvin, it is simple to manage and navigate the eBook library on my two mobile devices.

I suggest you experiment with this to see what works best for you. Note that you can set the Collection in Calibre before sending eBooks to Marvin.
It's not about logical grouping, that only works up to a point. There is simply no avoiding overlap to occur at some point due to the use of same tags in both collections. In Calibre it could work because of hierarchical tags, but since Marvin doesn't use hierarchical collections, this would end up as many collections in Marvin, too many for my taste.

EDIT: I solved it however differently by modifying the plugin, (see my original post)

Last edited by At_Libitum; 12-31-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #107
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Can the Kindle App driver be configured to send books in AZW3 format, rather than Mobi? AZW3 is my preferred format, and I'm pretty sure that the iOS Kindle App supports it.

Thanks!
Advert
Old 12-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #108
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Can the Kindle App driver be configured to send books in AZW3 format, rather than Mobi? AZW3 is my preferred format, and I'm pretty sure that the iOS Kindle App supports it.

Thanks!
If you create a feature request at the plugin's GitHub issue tracker (link in the first post in this thread) I will take a look at adding support for multiple formats for the Kindle driver.

G
Old 12-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #109
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks - I'll do that.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:09 AM   #110
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

GRiker was kind enough to reply to my Github issue tracker request and say that the Kindle App doesn't support sideloaded AZW3 files, a fact which I've now independently confirmed. Moreover, if you set Calibre to generate KF8 Mobi files (ie go to "Output Options" and set the Mobi format to "New"), they appear in the Kindle App library, but give an error when you try to open them, so that scuppers my cunning plan to read KF8 files on my shiny new iPad Mini .

Thanks for the help, G, as always.
Advert
Old 01-02-2014, 06:36 AM   #111
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've just logged the following issue in Github:

Quote:
I have two books in my Calibre library with the same title, but different authors. Both the books are called "Conqueror"; one is written by Stephen Baxter, the other by S.M. Stirling. When I try to send them to the Kindle App on my iPad Mini, the following sequence of events occurs:

I send the Baxter book to the device. It successfully appears in the library of the Kindle App, and opening it shows that it's the correct book.

I send the Stirling book to the device. Nothing apparently changes in the Kindle App library - it still lists "Conqueror" by Stephen Baxter, but when I open the book I find that it's now the Stirling book of the same title.

This is absolutely reproducible - the first book to be sent appears in the library; the second overwrites it, but without altering the library entry in the Kindle App (so you see the wrong book when you open it).

I suspect that what's happening is that the plug-in is simply using the book's title as the filename, so the first book is being overwritten by the second. The "Send to Device" template in "Preferences" does not appear to be being honoured.

I've worked around the issue by slightly changing the title of one of the two books, but if this could be fixed (eg by using the filename template specified in "Send to Device", it would be useful.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #112
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@HarryT, I am notified by email when comments are added to GitHub issues. No need to post here as well.

G
Old 01-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #113
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

OK - thanks.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #114
GRiker

Version 1.3.3 of the plugin is now available, which adds the author name to the generated filename when sending to Kindle for iOS.

G
Old 01-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #115
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thank you very much indeed - greatly appreciated. Installed, tested, and works fine. Problem solved!

Last edited by HarryT; 01-02-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #116
GRiker

Version 1.3.5 of the iOSRA plugin is now available

Hello iOSRA users.

Version 1.3.5 of the iOS reader applications plugin is now available. The changes are primarily in support of new Marvin features.

If you are a Marvin XD user, you will need to update the iOSRA plugin to this latest version.

G
Old 03-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #117
HowardBrazee
Zealot
HowardBrazee began at the beginning.

Reading the directions, it is not clear to me that I can turn on automatic synchronization at the end. I want that ability more than I want Marvin. I have Marvin because I read multiple books simultaneously using different readers. I want the other readers to continue working the way they do. I drag copies of my e-books to the Marvin app in iTunes, as synchronization gives them cryptic names which I avoid this way.

So I'm avoiding updating Marvin this way until I determine costs and benefits for me. Maybe someone could assist in this.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #118
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardBrazee View Post
So I'm avoiding updating Marvin this way until I determine costs and benefits for me. Maybe someone could assist in this.
Maybe they can, but this is not the place to ask. Please ask in the Marvin support forum.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:03 PM   #119
uten
uten began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 4
Regarding Mavericks...

Hi there,

I am aware that this plugin doesn't support iBooks and Mavericks, but my question is this.

If I delete iBooks from Mavericks - which allows me to handle books with iTunes, will I be able to use the plugin for ibooks (on the ipad) or have you turned off support for iTunes/iBooks as soon as Mavericks is identified??

The below link is the method used to remove iBooks from OSX.

http://www.robertsetiadi.net/getting...nes-mavericks/

Regards,
uten
Old 03-10-2014, 10:47 PM   #120
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by uten View Post
Hi there,

I am aware that this plugin doesn't support iBooks and Mavericks, but my question is this.

If I delete iBooks from Mavericks - which allows me to handle books with iTunes, will I be able to use the plugin for ibooks (on the ipad) or have you turned off support for iTunes/iBooks as soon as Mavericks is identified??

The below link is the method used to remove iBooks from OSX.

http://www.robertsetiadi.net/getting...nes-mavericks/

Regards,
uten
iBooks support is disabled under OS X when version 10.9 (Mavericks) is detected.

G
Closed Thread