Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
duluoz
Newsbeamer dev
duluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
News items now showing dates in titles - I don't want them to

Hi all,

I'm sure this is an easy fix. I have a headless server that runs 'ebook'convert' via cron to download some daily and weekly newspapers and emails the to my K4 Kindle.

Recently, the newspapers have been appearing on the kindle as
Quote:
The Independent [Thu 05 April]
i.e. showing the date of each publication. This means that I have a long list of papers, that I have to manually delete. They used to just come under

Quote:
The Independent
and so overwriting each other.

How can I change this? I suspect it may be something to do with plugboards? If anyone is kind enough to offer a solution, please bear in mind I am doing this on a headless server, so no GUI.

Thanks

Jamie
duluoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Set your output profile to kindle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
duluoz
Newsbeamer dev
duluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheeseduluoz can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Set your output profile to kindle.
I have. The code I run is

Code:
xvfb-run ebook-convert "The Independent.recipe" indie.mobi --output-profile kindle
calibre-smtp --attachment indie.mobi --relay smtp.gmail.com --port 587 --username username --password hunter --encryption-method TLS user@gmail.com user@kindle.com ""
This is the same code I've ran for the last few months, and always worked as expeced until a couple of weeks ago...
Old 04-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run ebook-meta on the generated .mobi file to see if the title actually has the date added to it, or that's something amazon is adding in the process of email delivery.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:17 AM   #5
duluoz
Newsbeamer dev

Thanks - the title according to ebook-meta also has the date in it.

EDIT: Just updated Calibre, and this seems to have fixed it - at least todays downloaded issue doesn't have the date in it. Strange - but thanks for your help

Jamie
Advert