Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #2131
rajvir
Owner of over 2000 storie
rajvir has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by cklls View Post
Install the latest version of the plugin. It fixes the problem in a flash!
I already have installed the update.
After installing the update I could download perfectly again, but right now I cannot update the fan-fiction I downloaded even though I have already installed the update.

The reason I need to be able to update is that I don't want to have to regularly download a 500+ chapter story.
If I could instead just update the chapters I haven't downloaded it would be a lot easier

Last edited by rajvir; 11-14-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Clarifiing
Old 11-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #2132
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
I already have installed the update.
After installing the update I could download perfectly again, but right now I cannot update the fan-fiction I downloaded even though I have already installed the update.
It's working fine for me on update.

Are you sure you're using epub?

What is the error you're getting?

Are you sure you restarted calibre after updating the plugin?

What is the story URL you're trying to download/update?
Advert
Old 11-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #2133
rajvir

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
It's working fine for me on update.

Are you sure you're using epub?

What is the error you're getting?

Are you sure you restarted calibre after updating the plugin?

What is the story URL you're trying to download/update?
To answer your question in order.
Yes I am sure I am using epub

The error I am getting is
Comment time data '17h ago' does not match format '%m-%d-%y'

Yes I am sure I restarted calibre portable after updating it. (Pretty much closing it and reopening it although I also used a different computer)

The story URL is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6161819/1/
Old 11-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #2134
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The error I am getting is
Comment time data '17h ago' does not match format '%m-%d-%y'
You don't have the latest version of the plugin. Try updating the plugin again.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #2135
rajvir

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
You don't have the latest version of the plugin. Try updating the plugin again.
Really that's strange.

Alright I will Google Calibre Portable and download the newest version and than update it.
Advert
Old 11-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #2136
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Really that's strange.

Alright I will Google Calibre Portable and download the newest version and than update it.
I repeat - you don't have the latest version of the FanFictionDownLoader plugin. Updating calibre itself won't help.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #2137
Feynor
Enthusiast
Feynor began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 ed. with Moon Reader+ and Google Books.
I might have stumbled upon a problem with the meta data on FF.net.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9801437/1/

In the title page:
Code:
Genre: Adventure, Romance
Language: English
Characters: Updated: 6h ago
The story doesn't seem to have any characters defined, which may be causing it.

I'm on Plug-in version 1.7.54
Attached Files
File Type: epub Origin Story Rewrite - Worldmaker.epub (56.1 KB, 119 views)
Old 11-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #2138
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynor View Post
In the title page:
Code:
Genre: Adventure, Romance
Language: English
Characters: Updated: 6h ago
Ah, I thought that might happen, but then I forgot to find a characterless story to check.

Attached is a test version with a fix. However, it's really a test version as it has the internationalization/localization code I'm working on, too.

UPDATE Nov 16, 2013 -- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 11-16-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 11-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #2139
Feynor
Enthusiast

Thanks,

It was a mere coincidence that I came across it. I've been looking for stories to test the heuristics on, that was one of them.

Cheers
Old 11-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #2140
redscarlett
Enthusiast
redscarlett began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight
Hi,
When trying to update a fic on squidge, I repeatedly get this error:

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/....php?sid=53667

I've double checked that my plugin is up to date. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #2141
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redscarlett View Post
Hi,
When trying to update a fic on squidge, I repeatedly get this error:

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
http://www.squidge.org/peja/cgi-bin/....php?sid=53667

I've double checked that my plugin is up to date. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Well, if you try going to that URL in your browser, you'll see that it's a site error:

Code:
A fatal MySQL error was encountered.

Query: SELECT series.* FROM fanfiction_inseries as list, fanfiction_series as series WHERE list.sid = AND series.seriesid = list.seriesid
Error: (1064) You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND series.seriesid = list.seriesid' at line 1
Not much I can do about that. You might try reporting it to the site or the author.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #2142
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Test Version

New test version with:
  • Fix for Updated/Published dates appearing as Characters on some ffnet stories.
  • New i18n/l10n. Shouldn't have any visible effect in English, but will allow for translation of the plugin into other languages.
  • Start using https URLs for ffnet stories instead of http.

The "Check for changed Story URL" has also been changed to not trigger when changing a fanfiction.net URL from http to https.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FanFictionDownLoader.zip (711.3 KB, 111 views)
Old 11-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #2143
Feynor
Enthusiast

I get the following error on a few stories on Ficwad.
The problem is caused by the story in question no longer existing there. Ficwad seems to just silently forwarding to their front page if that happens.

Code:
Status   Bad
Title    Harry Potter: Scales of Justice
Author   bluminous
Comment  'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
URL      http://ficwad.com/story/119437
Old 11-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #2144
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynor View Post
I get the following error on a few stories on Ficwad.
The problem is caused by the story in question no longer existing there. Ficwad seems to just silently forwarding to their front page if that happens.
Okay. In the next version I'll add a check to see if it's back on the front page and raise a StoryDoesNotExist exception instead.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #2145
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Removing empty paragraph tags isn't working

Hi,

I've noticed this is happening in more stories that I've downloaded. Authors are adding empty paragraph tags between the actual paragraphs.

Now the weird part is that when I view the code in Sigil the empty paragraph tags are gone. However, when I view the story on my device and in Calibre, there are blank spaces between each paragraph with text.

Here is the link to the story that prompted this question: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1006800

I'm also attaching the version I converted.

I'm not sure if there is something new/different in A03 or I need to adjust my settings?

I would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: epub takemetothedungeons (MissNefer) - Lights Out.epub (81.3 KB, 133 views)
Closed Thread