Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
VicStar
Enthusiast
VicStar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-650
LED Light?

Hi there,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a small LED book light that will not cause glare and allow me to read when the lights are off please?

I'm trying to find an alternative to buying the Sony Cover with light (PRSACL65B) as I already have a cover without the light.

VicStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I have both Sony covers, with and without the light. While the lighted cover is super convenient for reading at home, I wanted the smaller cover because I read outdoors so much where I'll never need the light and wanted the smaller cover for convenience. So I ended up also getting the Mighty Flex Travel Light and love it. It's actually brighter than the Sony lighted cover. I clip it on the front flap once it's turned back and snake the neck around so it's actually sideways across the top in the same position the Sony light was. And it only takes 1 AAA battery, I didn't want to deal with special batteries or the weight of needing 3 batteries like larger models require.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 04-23-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I bought the Mighty Flex Travel Light as well and it seemed really good. I lent it to a friend, so I didn't have time to relly "road test it", but I did som experimenting in a really dark room and was really pleased how it worked. (For my 350 I have the lighted cover)
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
The Big Kahuna
You keep using that word.
The Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ef=oss_product
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I have the mighty bright travel flex as well and it works really well. I use it with a Noreve cover. I nurse my son in the dark every evening with it.

Jodi
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #6
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I have the official case with light and haven't needed another.

Has anyone tried the Kindle 3 Solis light with their x50 Reader and case? The convenience and footprint of that light make it the best second option for me personally (provided it fits).
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:26 AM   #7
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post
A superb light. I love it!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
VicStar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Mighty Flex Travel Light
Hiya Ripplinger,

Thanks for the recommendation - I just bought one on ebay as the first 3 Amazon sellers unforuntately didn't ship to Australia.

Thank you again.

Cheers,
Vickie
Old 04-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #9
VicStar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I bought the Mighty Flex Travel Light as well and it seemed really good. I lent it to a friend, so I didn't have time to relly "road test it", but I did som experimenting in a really dark room and was really pleased how it worked. (For my 350 I have the lighted cover)
thanks Asa - just order one on ebay. hopefully it arrives soon

Old 04-24-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
VicStar
Enthusiast

Dear The Big Kahuna, mcrmama, Prestidigitweeze & astra,

Thanks for your recommendations.

I've gone with the Mighty Bright brand and chose the travel flex which is only 1 AAA battery. I can't wait until it arrives.

Cheers,
Vickie