Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #16
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
I purchased from Amazon and they haven't updated the program.
Ahh, thanks for reminding us. I will ask Steven to do the update as soon as he has some time.

As regards the azw3 problem, I went over the Amazon version and can't find a reason it shouldn't work like the Google Play version. I am not saying that you are wrong, only that I don't see why it should be. I will keep looking.

In the meantime, could you verify that the kindle app won't launch for an azw3 where the file is well-and-truly in the /kindle folder, but will launch for a mobi file in the same folder? I know that I am asking you to look again, but as I can't see why it doesn't work I am grasping at straws.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #17
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
They are in the kindle folder. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now I no longer get the message about adding a reader. It acts like it tries to open the book, but refreshes the screen.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #18
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
They are in the kindle folder. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now I no longer get the message about adding a reader. It acts like it tries to open the book, but refreshes the screen.
Excellent. This is progress.

CC cannot tell the kindle app to directly open a book. All it can do is launch the app. You need to navigate to the book by hand. I wish we could fix this, but after looking for a long time we have found no way to "talk" to the kindle app.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote