Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
mesamuel
mesamuel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Arc 32 GB
Backing up Kobo Arc Gallery

Hi all, I'm sure I've seen this information in one of the threads when I was having trouble with my Arc back in January but I can't seem to do the right search to find it. Anyway, I created 4 Tapestries that have various images in them. Once the image is saved in a Tapestry, is there any way to move it to the picture gallery? The reason I'm asking is because I've decided that I want to use Go Launcher instead of Kobo Discover/Tapestry. I assume once I replace it, I'll lose everything in my Tapestries. When I look at a Tapestry item, there is no option to save it to my Gallery. I also can't find details about the image (like what website I "pinned" it from).
To get back to my thread title, if I can find a way to move my tapestries to my gallery, how do I back up the gallery? I tried connecting the Arc to my computer but I can't see a file that even remotely relates my Picture Gallery (it sure as heck isn't the one entitled "Pictures").
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
mesamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
'Pinned' images are saved to a directory that is not accessible to the user.

The easiest way to save these images is to open the pinned version and then email it yourself.

Hope that helps.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
mesamuel

I tried emailing a couple of the pinned items to myself. They were sent but I received an error message that there is no app to open the attachments. How can I view & save the pictures?
Old 03-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
download es file explorer from the playstore. it will let you access a lot more of the tablet files.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:47 AM   #5
mesamuel

Thanks, stevov, I haven't tried the download yet but I have a related problem. Since I updated to Jelly Bean, I can SEE my Tapestries and the pinned items but I can't open the pinned items. When I tap the picture to enlarge it, I get the following message: "We can not find this item." And yes, it is "can not" instead of "cannot." I hate spelling and grammar mistakes in system error messages. Does anyone else have this problem (with the pinned items, not the spelling mistake, LOL)?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamuel View Post
"We can not find this item." And yes, it is "can not" instead of "cannot." I hate spelling and grammar mistakes in system error messages.
There is no requirement in English grammar or spelling conventions for it to be "cannot" - it just happens to be more common than "can not" at the moment, though not as common as "can't", of course. However, if pressed, most English teachers seem to go with "can not" as the correct version (I know mine all did, though that was 25 and more years ago).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, gallery, tapestry