Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Video: Sony PRS-650, showing awesome touch screen

I filmed this video at IFA here in Berlin:

http://armdevices.net/2010/09/05/son...touch-edition/

I tried to show the screen up close and to show its nice features.

Last edited by Nate the great; 09-07-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Would a mod edit this post with some text and the yoube edit code and post it on the front page?
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Great video. Thanks, Charbax
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Good video. Thanks.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #5
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Excellent video Charbax, thanks - more than good enough to see that I want one. I nearly bought a K3 now I won't.

In Spain I've no chance to see the new readers in the flesh for some time, no announcement or distribution set-up as yet.

Anybody know where will be the best place to mail order from the US?
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #6
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
AFAIK, the best and the only place that ships Sony Readers outside the country is B&H Photo Video.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbax View Post
I filmed this video at IFA here in Berlin: http://armdevices.net/2010/09/05/son...touch-edition/

I try to show the screen up close and to show its nice features.
Very nice video. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Excellent video Charbax, thanks - more than good enough to see that I want one. I nearly bought a K3 now I won't.

In Spain I've no chance to see the new readers in the flesh for some time, no announcement or distribution set-up as yet.

I've only heard good things (and used them myself) about BHPhotoVideo.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
AFAIK, the best and the only place that ships Sony Readers outside the country is B&H Photo Video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
I've only heard good things (and used them myself) about BHPhotoVideo.
Thanks! just had a look, nothing listed yet. Pre order or otherwise.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #9
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Thanks for the video. The demonstrator said 10,000 page turns on a single charge, which compares very well to the 7000 for the PRS505. However, is that 10,000 page turns using the touch screen, or using the hardware buttons? I'm thinking the number of page turns could be less if done using the touch screen.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
Rob87
Rob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toysRob87 shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-600
Damn them ! That screen look brilliant! I really want one but my PRS-600 is practically brand new so I just can't justify it
Rob87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Here's your YouTube link.

daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #12
Coops
Zealot
Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Sony T3 backup
Got my lovely blue 505 from BHphotovideo, no problems to Thailand....

If they put a 650 out in blue i'd really struggle to resist - but the black is still good.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #13
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Great video. Makes me want to pre-order the 650!
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #14
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
Excellent video.
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #15
Illusion
Illusion began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
great video, and the cover is pretty too!
Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony