Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-14-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
JonB
JonB doesn't litterJonB doesn't litter

Device: Sony PR-505
Another noob here

Hi all

Have just pulled trigger on a Sony PR-505 Reader from play.com - £149 with a cover. Wife's gonna kill me this time for sure.

Now have to find some decent eBooks that aren't priced like they are paper...!

I will be watching the forums!

Cheers

JonB
JonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum, JonB.

We've got a load of free books in our upload section. Go to "Ebooks" on the blue bar at the top of the page.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi JonB and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Jon!

Hurry and get to the ebook download pages and download enough free ebooks so that you can justify your purchase to your wife. Oh, and make sure you shave off at least the equivalent of $10 from the purchase price when you tell your wife. That's what I do with my husband and it keeps him happy!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:40 AM   #5
JonB

Well, Kaz, she gets to see the Visa bill every month. However I have 'fessed up and got away with it. Interesting device. Put all 100 classic books on there (took ages) and found a few things out:-
- Calibre runs on my laptop but crashes on my desktop
- Sony library software is (almost) useless
- The clicky buttons annoy my wife when she is trying to get to sleep (I read a lot in bed)
- BUT what a gadget....!
Advert
Old 08-16-2009, 05:41 AM   #6
JonB

PS, Like your avatar. That's not a picture of you is it?
Old 08-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #7
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonB View Post
PS, Like your avatar. That's not a picture of you is it?
On behalf of my daughter, the artist, I thank you. It is her VERY kind rendering of me that she drew on her last Mother's Day card to me. She has graciously left off the wrinkles and circles under my eyes that she and her siblings have caused.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
JonB

Gosh... pretty. But you have no nose!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonB View Post
Gosh... pretty. But you have no nose!
You HAD to state the obvious! She doesn't think she draws noses well, so she left it off. If you are interested, I have other examples of her work on my profile page and, yes, the people she has drawn in those examples have noses.