Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
grapiuna
grapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notes

Device: Have Onyx Boox M96 (Had KoboGlo, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-900, Kindle).
A way to hard reset Kobo

Hi guys!
I was playing with my new Kobo Glo and I thought I bricked my device.
I read one post of Mrs_Often and the hint didn't work but gave me one idea:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=19

Users of Kobo Glo, to hard reset your device do these steps:
1 - Hold the light button.
2 - Press and release the reset button.
That's it, the device will be good as new

Thanks Mrs_Often for your post!

TRY THIS AS YOUR LAST OPTION BEFORE SEND TO THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
grapiuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Lunchtray
Connoisseur
Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Gen 1
This will just hard restart it right? When you say the reset button are you talking the pin-hole in the bottom of the device or the power slider?

It won't toss it into some sort of factory reset will it?
Lunchtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That will do a factory reset. And it is missing the important first step which is in the original post. This only works if the device is off. You need to ensure it is off by holding the power slider in the off position for at least ten seconds
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That will do a factory reset. And it is missing the important first step which is in the original post. This only works if the device is off. You need to ensure it is off by holding the power slider in the off position for at least ten seconds
Davidfor, you rescued me back in January when my kobo touch threw a paddy. But today it really died and no matter what I did I couldn't do a hard reset.

So I was forced to go out and buy a kobo glo. My Touch was one of the originals so coming up to two years old in June.

Can you see how sad I am at having to trade up?

It's downloading all my books now, so I'm looking forward to getting started.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
So I was forced to go out and buy a kobo glo. My Touch was one of the originals so coming up to two years old in June.

Can you see how sad I am at having to trade up?
At one time on a laptop forum, when people asked how to get their laptops working, I would give answers in two parts. One was the "have you tried...". The second part was "your laptop is dead, go and buy a new one". A lot of people liked the second answer

You will love the Glo. My Touch is still working but any time I pick it up to look at, it just isn't as nice.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You will love the Glo. My Touch is still working but any time I pick it up to look at, it just isn't as nice.
I don't even bother picking my Touch up any more...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
That's just cruel . . .

I have tumbleweeds running across the front screen of mine
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
My WiFi suffers from the same condition (But then I only have a 1st generation Touch so I'm not ignoring it).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #9
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Time to regift the old girl so that a bit of joy is spread around. There is nothing more sad then a book that sits with its cover never opened no more with dust hiding the hidden worlds below its cover... Spread some joy and pass it on, at the very least it will bring a smile to someones face and the reward of that far out weighs the sentimentality of having the touch..

Regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:00 AM   #10
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Is an untouched Touch still a Touch?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #11
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
That's just cruel . . .

I have tumbleweeds running across the front screen of mine
Waaaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Time to regift the old girl so that a bit of joy is spread around. There is nothing more sad then a book that sits with its cover never opened no more with dust hiding the hidden worlds below its cover... Spread some joy and pass it on, at the very least it will bring a smile to someones face and the reward of that far out weighs the sentimentality of having the touch..
Oh I completely agree. I've been cracking my brains trying to think of a worthy recipient. But of course, it's such a wonderful device, I'm having trouble finding someone who'll [have time to] use it and look after it properly and appreciate it enough and ... oh I'm just so picky. And I don't really want to sell it because, well, it was a present. Gah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Is an untouched Touch still a Touch?
Oh the philosophy!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote