Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
SD card question

I haven't been using an SD card, but my internal disk is beginning to fill up.

When I use a card, do books I buy go there automatically when I'm out of internal disk space, or do I have to do something to enable this?

My disk is a 16 GB Duracell Micro SDHC. Is this compatible with the Glo? And is there somewhere in the Glo an indication that a memory card is present?

Thanks,
Tom
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
When the internal memory is full, the Glo will automatically use the SD card for any new books bough from Kobo. If you are sideloading them, it is up to you where they go.

I can't comment on the SD card as I haven't used it or seen them. Just put it in and try it.

To see the state of the SD card, and the internal memory, go to the settings and look at the Device Information page. This shows how much space is used on both. In firmware 2.4.0, there is a spanner icon at the bottom of the library lists. Pressing that pops up some options and shows the total space used and available.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
When the internal memory is full, the Glo will automatically use the SD card for any new books bough from Kobo. If you are sideloading them, it is up to you where they go.

I can't comment on the SD card as I haven't used it or seen them. Just put it in and try it.

To see the state of the SD card, and the internal memory, go to the settings and look at the Device Information page. This shows how much space is used on both. In firmware 2.4.0, there is a spanner icon at the bottom of the library lists. Pressing that pops up some options and shows the total space used and available.
Thanks for the information, David. Everything is where you said. And the card must be compatible, since it shows up on the Device Information page. And it shows up in Calibre as well.

Cheers and a Happy Easter (or Happy Holiday) to you.
Tom
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote