Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question Nook Glow Light & Tablet on Same Account?

I have an NT, but am considering getting a Nook Glow Light for travel.

I probably have more books downloaded from B&N than will fit on the Glow Light. Is there a way to choose which ones I want to add, or does it arbitrarily download books from my B&N account until it's full?
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
The devices will stay in synch (including last page read), if they under the same account. This is supposed to be a feature. You can "archive" your books and they will not be downloaded to a device (I think), but then they would be archived for all devices on that account. I do not think there is any way to pick and choose.

One way to handle this would be to register the new device as a different user (different email/user name) but with the SAME credit card number. This would make it look as though you were a family member and under the B&N family arrangement. Then you could, I think, pick and choose which books to download - free - to each device.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Wow! You must have a lot of books! And all from B&N, not sideloaded. Impressed.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just to add to my posting, the feature you need to use is called "Nook Profiles," described in the blurb below. It talks about a individual device, but the same is true for multiple devices using the same profile(s):

[removed - incorrect! Profiles is not what I was thinking of - see below]

Last edited by RAH; 01-11-2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: error
Old 01-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #5
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, I have sideloaded books too. I don't actually know if I have too many B&N books to fit on an NST--I'm just guessing I might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
Wow! You must have a lot of books! And all from B&N, not sideloaded. Impressed.
Advert
Old 01-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #6
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe

For some reason I thought Nook Profiles were only for the new HD and HD+ Nooks. Do they also work on the NT and NST?

Thanks for your help!

[QUOTE]Just to add to my posting, the feature you need to use is called "Nook Profiles," described in the blurb below. It talks about a individual device, but the same is true for multiple devices using the same profile(s):
Old 01-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Oh, I have sideloaded books too. I don't actually know if I have too many B&N books to fit on an NST--I'm just guessing I might.
OK. Well I have 437 books on mine and it's 2/3 of the way full. If that gives you some idea of size.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
You can put a 32GB microSD card in the Glowlight; unless you've got a lot of PDFs you shouldn't have to worry about running out of space for books.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #9
RAH
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
For some reason I thought Nook Profiles were only for the new HD and HD+ Nooks. Do they also work on the NT and NST?
Oops, you are correct - Profiles are a new feature with the HD devices. My mistake. I made the mistake because I did not get any response from you from my initial posting above. So I figured maybe I should elaborate some, so I did some searching and came up with that incorrect idea.

Whatever, do what I said. Establish a 2nd userid/email for the 2nd device, and use the SAME credit card number for both. You will then be able to download any book you purchase on either device, because it is considered a family sharing plan, where 2 people share the same credit card number but different devices and userids.

Tags
glow light, nook tablet