Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #46
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Special request, would it be possible to add an option to COPS to use a uuid (urn:uuid:<uuid>) instead of the current id (calibre:books:<calibre_id>). Each book in Calibre already has a uuid associated with it in the database (in TABLE books COLUMN uuid) which can be used for this purpose.

Using calibre:books:<calibre_id> as the identifier causes collisions in Stanza when using multiple libraries.

Thanks!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:28 AM   #47
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Hi,

Sure I can easily add that (and probably even make it the new default). As I never encountered this problem before, does the problem happen only with books or also with other items (author, tags, ...) ?

My point is : should I add an id for the catalog so that all id in the OPDS feeds can be prefixed with it.

Last edited by vlad59; 06-19-2012 at 03:38 AM.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #48
gaspine
gaspine began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
setting apache to works with the download/1/XXX.epub link :
the .htaccess :
Quote:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteOptions inherit
RewriteRule ^download/(.*)/.*\.(.*)$ fetch.php?id=$1&type=$2 [L]
if you have not mod_xsendfile, in the config file simply set :
$config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = "location";

the download link now works with apache
gaspine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #49
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Sure I can easily add that (and probably even make it the new default). As I never encountered this problem before, does the problem happen only with books or also with other items (author, tags, ...) ?

My point is : should I add an id for the catalog so that all id in the OPDS feeds can be prefixed with it.
Thanks! It only happens for books (those are the only things that get downloaded anyway). The Stanza app for iOS (and a few other OPDS-capable reader apps for iOS and Android) can recognize whether you've already downloaded a book based on the entry id.

Early versions of Calibre actually had the same issue and I guess it's part of the reason Kovid moved to using uuid's instead.
Issues with Stanza when using two instances of Calibre?
Old 06-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #50
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@ilovejedd

I just pushed the change to github. It's the new default (no new config item)

@gaspine

Thanks for the rewriting rule, I'll add it to the README later.
Advert
Old 06-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #51
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@ilovejedd

I just pushed the change to github. It's the new default (no new config item)
Thanks for this!

I'm currently backing up the virtual machine for the Apache server (will probably take a while, backing up to USB2) but will try this as soon as possible.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:53 AM   #52
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmess View Post
Any book title starting with A, B, C, F, I, K, M, S, T or V (always only those 10 letters) doesn't show up when I select that letter from "All books by starting letter". They are in the list ok - it shows I have 43 books starting with the letter F for example but no books show when I actually select F.
OK - some more on this.

When I access the feed via my browser I get this error (line and column numbers vary) on each of the letters that don't show in Mantano. I also discovered that FBReader (like the browser) only shows the books up to the error.

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 376 at column 57: xmlParseEntityRef: no name
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Can anyone shed any light on what the problem may be and what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks
Jill
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #53
vlad59
Addict

Hi,

I recently fixed some problem with incorrect handling of & and other special characters in OPDS feed. Maybe that's your problem.

Please check all the book starting with F : does the title / author / tags have any special characters ?
Old 06-28-2012, 06:50 AM   #54
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just logged on to say that my problem (or at least part of it) was books with "&" in the series name - and found you had replied. I had already updated to the latest version, so could it be that your fix didn't cover this situation? In any case, I have now removed the "&" from the series names and all is ok from the browser & FBReader.

Thanks again
Jill
Old 06-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #55
vlad59
Addict

I just checked latest git and the fix should be here. But latest released version definitely has the bug.

If you're using latest git then I really don't know what's happenning.

Anyway I'll try to release a new version soon.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #56
jillmess
Enthusiast

Sorry, I am using the latest released not the latest git. Will checkout the git when I get a chance and should be problem solved

Jill
Old 06-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #57
jillmess
Enthusiast

After a hard drive failure yesterday I have re-installed COPS and seem to have most things working ok, but I am getting the following 404 Not Found error when I try to download a book via HTML (downloads via opds catalog from within FBReader work fine).

'The requested URL /books/download/490/ was not found on this server.'

Is there something silly I have forgotten to set up correctly? I don't know if this was working for me previously as I hadn't tried to download via HTML before now.

I also seem to have some books that still do not show up in the opds catalog, but they all appear to be included in the HTML catalog. I haven't yet had time to isolate all the missing titles, but hopefully once I do I will find something common to them all.

Jill
Old 06-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #58
vlad59
Addict

The download problem with /download was already reported.

Anyway I'll repeat the HTML catalog is a work in progress so it could only be working for me.

I've added some URL rewriting to allow epub download on my Kobo touch. I'll explain better on next release.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #59
jillmess
Enthusiast

Thanks Vlad - I thought I saw that the download thing was fixed but I must have misread that.

Jill
Old 07-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #60
vlad59
Addict

COPS 0.1.1 is out with the following changes (First post to download) :

* A lot of bug fixes in HTML catalog
* Fixed the book comment in OPDS (broken in some rare case)
* Fixed handling of HTML reserved characters
* Changed book OPDS id to use an UUID (thanks to ilovejedd for the bug report)
* Add new config item for the default timezone (thanks to gaspine)
* Better handling of missing covers
* Should support every book format supported by Calibre (thanks to Artem)
* URL rewriting is off by default for the HTML catalog
* Add some documentation about URL rewriting (thanks to gaspine and Christophe)
* Tested and ready to use with PHP5.4

As you see there was a lot of changes. I tried to test it correctly so hopefully there will be no regression ... .

With this release the HTML catalog is almost ready. I just have some fixes to do for my Kobo and the look with smartphones and v0.2.0 will be out.

The download link is in the first post.

You can have a look at the HMTL catalog here :

* http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/index.php

The full sources (with HTML catalog) are available on github :

* https://github.com/seblucas/cops

You can create issue / merge request if needed.

Happy testing.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology