Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 05-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #31
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I have this mostly running ok, but there is one oddity when using Mantano and accessing the alphabetical list of books.

The 1-9, A-Z list with the correct number of books comes up ok, but when I then try to access the books under 9 of the letters (always the same 9) nothing shows up (or the previously selected list doesn't change). FBReader does not have this problem, so it is obviously something to do with Mantano.

Any suggestions as to what I may have not set up correctly, or is this just another Mantano quirk?

Jill
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:21 AM   #32
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Hi jillmess,

I just tried adding a book starting by 9 to my Calibre library and everything works as expected on Mantano (I'm using latest Premium in case it's important).

I really don't know what's happening, do you have access to apache's logs ? Maybe they'll help you finding a hint.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #33
jillmess
Enthusiast
jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jillmess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Hi jillmess,

I just tried adding a book starting by 9 to my Calibre library and everything works as expected on Mantano (I'm using latest Premium in case it's important).

I really don't know what's happening, do you have access to apache's logs ? Maybe they'll help you finding a hint.
Sorry, I didn't explain very well.

Any book title starting with A, B, C, F, I, K, M, S, T or V (always only those 9 letters) doesn't show up when I select that letter from "All books by starting letter". They are in the list ok - it shows I have 43 books starting with the letter F for example but no books show when I actually select F.

I should have access to the logs - just need to find where they are stored on the NAS.

Thanks
Jill

Edit: Oops - just realised that is 10 letters (not 9)

Last edited by jillmess; 05-22-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: correction
jillmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #34
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Sorry I really can't reproduce your problem.

Let's hope the logs will be interesting.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #35
vlad59
Addict

COPS 0.0.4 is out with the following changes (First post to download) :

* More code refactoring to simplify code.
* Changed OPDS Page id to match Calibre2Opds
* Add icons to author, serie, tags and recent items (there is config item to disable it).
* Fixed author URL
* Added publishing date (works on Mantano)
* Added Tags support

The download link is in the first post.

I have also updated the HTML catalog, but for now I didn't test everything on my Kobo so remember it's a very early alpha.

http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/index.php

I've added the search and a way to see the cover and book synopsis.

Happy testing.

Last edited by vlad59; 06-17-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Advert
Old 05-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #36
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Just tried it on my Apache+PHP server. Appears to be working fine. One bug, if the content description contains an ampersand (&), it doesn't get converted to & so the script sometimes generates invalid XML.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #37
vlad59
Addict

@ilovejedd

Thanks for the report I'll take care of that.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #38
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Just tried it on my Apache+PHP server. Appears to be working fine. One bug, if the content description contains an ampersand (&), it doesn't get converted to & so the script sometimes generates invalid XML.
The bug should be fixed. I just have one question, your content desciption was HTML or simple text ?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #39
vlad59
Addict

COPS 0.1.0 is out with the following changes (First post to download) :

* Add localization support (thanks to Calibre2Opds)
* Hopefully fixed an issue with & in comment
* HTML catalog is in the sources with no support (WIP)

Beside bugs, I won't work on the OPDS part except if there is a really cool feature request. I'll try to finish the HTML catalog for the next release.

The download link is in the first post.

I have also lightly updated the HTML catalog :

* http://cops-demo.slucas.fr/index.php

The full sources (with HTML catalog) are available on github :

* https://github.com/seblucas/cops

You can create issue / merge request if needed.

Happy testing.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:04 AM   #40
gaspine
gaspine began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
somes informations :

=> Got error, need to use date_default_timezone_set to get ride of this notice
=> On apache can't download book file, url is not valid /download/ID/book name, rewrite engine ???
=> Search call for a kobo.php file, who don't exist in the html version.

nice work
gaspine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #41
beppe.bounces
beppe.bounces began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-650
First of all thank you very much for your work. I have few questions:

- How can I password protect the access to the server? In particular I'm interested in
using the passwd with stanza

- clicking on the name of the author of a book look for a kobe.php that is not
in the distribution. How to avoid this error?

- some book have an epub button that, however, always point to a "download" directory
that is not present. Is it there for future extension or did I misconfigured something?

Thanks in advance

Beppe
beppe.bounces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #42
vlad59
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe.bounces View Post
First of all thank you very much for your work. I have few questions:

- How can I password protect the access to the server? In particular I'm interested in
using the passwd with stanza
I have a password protected COPS for my own use. I simply used HTTP basic auth over SSL. It is not top of security but it's enough for my needs.

It will work the same way with OPDS (tested with Mantano / FBReader) and HTML (Firefox / IE).

Quote:
- clicking on the name of the author of a book look for a kobe.php that is not
in the distribution. How to avoid this error?
It's a bug in last version. The new HTML index is named index.php (I named it kobo.php before) and I forgot some rename. If needed, latest revision on GitHub should be ok.

Quote:
- some book have an epub button that, however, always point to a "download" directory
that is not present. Is it there for future extension or did I misconfigured something?
I still haven't finished the HTML catalog (it's a work in progress). For the download I've had to use a rewriting rule to allow download on my Kobo. My rewriting rule is :

Code:
location /download/ {
          rewrite ^/download/(\d+)/.*\.(.*)$ /fetch.php?id=$1&type=$2 last;
          break;
}
If you use Apache, I hope you can translate and post it here so other people can use it.

Thanks for your questions.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #43
beppe.bounces
beppe.bounces began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-650
Quote:
I have a password protected COPS for my own use. I simply used HTTP basic auth over SSL. It is not top of security but it's enough for my needs.
Thank you, I tried it and it works with Stanza, Chrome, Firefox, Epiphany ...

Quote:
It's a bug in last version. The new HTML index is named index.php (I named it kobo.php before) and I forgot some rename. If needed, latest revision on GitHub should be ok.
I can wait next release, but thanks.

Quote:
I still haven't finished the HTML catalog (it's a work in progress). For the download I've had to use a rewriting rule to allow download on my Kobo.
My old sony reader does not have network access so I use calibre coupled with owncloud
and use directly calibre over USB for my reader. COP is for my iPads.

Quote:
If you use Apache, I hope you can translate and post it here so other people can use it.
Sure.

1. Create a passwd file outside the web tree for instance
/usr/syno/apache/passwd/passwords"

2. Edit it by entering pairs of username passwd generated by using passwd generators
available on line. For instance
http://www.askapache.com/online-tool...sswd-generator

3. In the directory where you installed COPS add a file named .htaccess and paste in it
the following lines

Code:
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Restricted resources"
AuthBasicProvider file
AuthUserFile /usr/syno/apache/passwd/passwords
Order allow,deny
Require valid-user
# Uncomment next line if you want disable passwd check on local	net
#Allow from 192.168.0
Satisfy Any
4. Try to access a file and check that .htaccess cannot be downloaded (nor your password file)

5. Do not forget to redirect the access on https

... you are done

Thanks a lot

Last edited by beppe.bounces; 06-17-2012 at 02:08 PM.
beppe.bounces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #44
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
The bug should be fixed. I just have one question, your content desciption was HTML or simple text ?
Sorry for the late reply. Missed this post for some reason. Anyway, it's HTML. Just tried the new version and it works perfectly. Thanks!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #45
vlad59
Addict

@beppe.bounces

Thanks for your help documenting Apache's way of handling passwords.

@ilovejedd

No problem, thanks anyway for your answer. I also found same problems with tags / series.

@all

If everything goes as expected next release will happen next weekend. HTML catalog is almost usable (I mean : it's ready for me but there is no configuration item and it has only been tested with Nginx). I also fixed some bugs in OPDS as well.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology