Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #16
iluvgadgets
Connoisseur
iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle paperwhite
How about the iPod touch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
iluvgadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:18 AM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
wow. starting at 9.99 for a score of ereaders that may or may not work.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-29350482.html
pretty sure there's quite a few working units in the lot. anyone adventurous enough to re-purpose some of these?

by the way. thanks for the info about these goodwill auctions. i actually bid on a sony prs-350 and won at $7.00. with shipping, it came out to be under $15.00. if it works out, i think i'll be carrying this around along with my phone everywhere i go. may need to replace the battery, but i've done that for a prs-500 before and it wasn't hard to do. and the battery is still available on ebay.
Ditto on the thanks for the info about this auction site.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:40 AM   #18
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Ditto on the thanks for the info about this auction site.
No, NO! More bidding competition!

Just kidding, of course (how many e-readers does one need)? I won an auction for 5 readers (3 K3s, K4, Touch) for $26 shipped. All but one K3 wasn't able to be revived. So I wouldn't be too scared of the "not tested" condition, and maybe not even the "for repair or parts" condition. I assume that the majority of people who donate would donate working devices. Though some auctions' pictures show bad screens, which may be a case of the giver not knowing that the visible split display defect indicates a broken screen.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:01 PM   #19
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
No, NO! More bidding competition!

Just kidding, of course (how many e-readers does one need)? I won an auction for 5 readers (3 K3s, K4, Touch) for $26 shipped. All but one K3 wasn't able to be revived. So I wouldn't be too scared of the "not tested" condition, and maybe not even the "for repair or parts" condition. I assume that the majority of people who donate would donate working devices. Though some auctions' pictures show bad screens, which may be a case of the giver not knowing that the visible split display defect indicates a broken screen.
Are you saying 4 out of 5 didn't work. Or that the k3 was the only one that couldn't be revived?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #20
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Are you saying 4 out of 5 didn't work. Or that the k3 was the only one that couldn't be revived?
Yikes, you're right, a very bad sentence, hard to read and incorrect. Sorry, it's 4 of 5 work. Only one K3 couldn't be revived.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:43 AM   #21
blackcatw81
Meow!
blackcatw81 began at the beginning.

Device: K4NTblk,HanlinV60 3G,Trekstor Pyrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
wow. starting at 9.99 for a score of ereaders that may or may not work.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions...-29350482.html
pretty sure there's quite a few working units in the lot. anyone adventurous enough to re-purpose some of these?

I'd like to but items don't ship internationally T.T You're soooo lucky to live in the US!

EllyG81 Sent from My H60-L02 Using Tapatalk
blackcatw81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 06:13 AM   #22
Emma Santiago
Emma Santiago began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pocketbook 360+ is good for smaller sized reading...
Emma Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:43 PM   #23
cane
Enthusiast
cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3,Kindle Oasis 2016,2022 Basic kindle
I just bought a new Kobo Mini for $34 delivered from Ebay
They also had used ones for $30 bucks delivered.
This gave me a reader that weighs about the same as the new
Kindle Oasis without the cost :-)

Last edited by cane; 06-02-2016 at 02:06 PM.
cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 07:59 AM   #24
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane View Post
I just bought a new Kobo Mini for $34 delivered from Ebay
They also had used ones for $30 bucks delivered.
This gave me a reader that weighs about the same as the new
Kindle Oasis without the cost :-)
Awesome price! I keep mine in my purse most of the time, in the summer at least. It really is one of the best ereaders ever made.

So I was impulsive and bought a white one....($30) thinking of giving it to my daughter. She needs to read this summer, and she won't read on her tablets.....she is far too distracted by all the games.

FYI that ebay seller (Spinningnoon) has the Kobo Aura for $50, the Kobo Aura HD for $90, the Kobo Glo for $70. Those are all excellent prices.

Last edited by booklover6; 06-06-2016 at 07:28 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 09:08 AM   #25
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I so wish I'd bought a black Kobo Mini, as I think the white bezel is what's putting me off it. And I don't want to spend more cash on it just to buy a skin to make the bezel darker. White cases on tablets, phones etc have never appealed to me, now that I own something white, I now know why they've never appealed to me!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:43 PM   #26
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I actually prefer the white, but since my black one is already set up the way I want, my daughter gets the white one. It arrived today. Absolutely like new. Had FNAC affiliation.

Last edited by booklover6; 06-09-2016 at 02:48 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap, small