Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #31
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Twice, ugh, for a book that's 'meh' at best, I feel bad for you.
My dilemma right now is I have 4 books started, I never do that. BTW 1 of which is Slave to Sensation, which I'm worried I'm finding a bit slow and hoping that they're just building the story??!!
On top of that, there's literally about another 20 that I want to read right now!
Any real Paranormal, the first in series you must take in account for world building. So yes it will be start of a bit slow but that what makes it a 5 Stars book is the writer taking her time building her world and characters so much to the point you feel like you are apart of it.

When I first started I felt so lost because there was so much world building to take in but by then end of the book I was so blown away from it all and just in awe. I felt I hadn't read anything close to that much world building since Harry Potter. It was just amazing how much work she put into that book.

I have to say if you are reading Slave to Sensation you might want to stop all other books for the moment because this is one book you have to give your absolute attention to or you will miss out on the full experience.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post

On a different note... I was looking in ereaderIQ and all 5 of Denise Domning's The Seasons Series (I've also seen it called The Graistan Chronicles) are .99 at amazon. I've never read her... thoughts anyone? I'm intrigued by the books because I like medieval historicals and she seems to have good reviews. But I trust you guys way more than reviews!
She has given away all her books for free in the past. So I'm pretty sure everyone who has been here awhile has them. These are all backlist titles. She continues to give them away pretty much every other week.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #33
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
Not me! It's library addict's fault! She reminded me about the series when I inquired about Penguin must-reads. I'd written it off due to price as well.
Even though I enjoyed certain books in the series more than others, there were none I regret reading. It's a very enjoyable series and remember getting a deal on the books or bundle(s) is a GOOD thing
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #34
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
Whatever it was it had me cursing up a storm last night and this morning. I gave up and went to work and left hubby to deal with it. I don't know what he did and I don't care. It was fixed when I got home which allowed me my squee moment, so all's well that end's well, I guess

On a different note... I was looking in ereaderIQ and all 5 of Denise Domning's The Seasons Series (I've also seen it called The Graistan Chronicles) are .99 at amazon. I've never read her... thoughts anyone? I'm intrigued by the books because I like medieval historicals and she seems to have good reviews. But I trust you guys way more than reviews!
Put these on a wish list and wait. They frequently come up free.

Never mind. What Blossom said up there. ^
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #35
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
$0.99 for the first in a NA trilogy:
The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher (4.28 on GR with 13K ratings!)

http://www.amazon.com/Opportunist-Lo.../dp/B006FDAHZ4
I will vouch for it, I LOVED it, and cannot wait to read the 3rd 'Thief' [I posted earlier in the thread but I know we chat a lot in here so wanted to reiterate that I highly recommend it!]

Quote:
And OMG I detest the new Kobo search! I don't understand why sites are using this type of search results, it is beyond frustrating to wade through. But hallelujah for the "eligible for promo codes" button!
I actually find it more reliable than their old searches, not that it would have taken much to improve them!

Blossom, re: Slave to Sensation, yes, I'm seeing it now, about half way through and it's starting to come together for me. Definitely put the other 3 on the back burner for now. I think I'll finish with this one and then preview the few more I have in mind to add to my Kobo-code list! Good grief I have no idea how I'm going to make it to all the books I want to read right now!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #36
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
[I posted earlier in the thread but I know we chat a lot in here so wanted to reiterate that I highly recommend it!]
Oops! I usually do a thread search too. Clearly time for bed (and I'm taking Kristen Ashley's the Gamble with me )
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Put these on a wish list and wait. They frequently come up free.

Never mind. What Blossom said up there. ^
If there one you want to read right away. I have them all and they Lendable through Kindle Lending. Just let me know. You do not need a Kindle to use this feature just Kindle For PC\Mac.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #38
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
FYI - I just noticed Tangled finally made it into the Kobo store. Don't get too excited, it appears it's been picked up by Simon & Schuster so not only is it NOT couponable but it's also now priced at $7.99.

Edit: It's still $4.99 and published by Omnific in the US Kindle store.

Last edited by apesmom; 08-02-2013 at 12:31 AM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Blossom, re: Slave to Sensation, yes, I'm seeing it now, about half way through and it's starting to come together for me. Definitely put the other 3 on the back burner for now. I think I'll finish with this one and then preview the few more I have in mind to add to my Kobo-code list! Good grief I have no idea how I'm going to make it to all the books I want to read right now!
You will be glad you did give it your undivided attention. The next book in the series is the same way. Maybe that's why I haven't started the third book yet. I just don't have the time right now to be so involved in a book. However I like something at least better then If You Stay. I will probably start Spark by Brigid Kemmerer soon. Love the series but I am not reading past Spirit. I read spoilers and I do not like the direction the series has taken after that book.

So I am in a YA mood so any good YA Paranormals any one can recommend? I really want something original like the Elemental series. Not your standard Vampires/Werewolves/Witches kind of stuff.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:56 AM   #40
Amy_k
Zealot
Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Nexus 7
Stargazer by Cindy Holby (aka Colby Hodge) is $0.99

Previously published by Dorchester

Kindle

Kobo

Nook

Quote:
Do not revive without authorization. Those were the words stamped on the cryo tube holding the prisoner. Lilly gazed at the prisoner and sensed the rage and frustration within him. Yet she tied her fate to his when their ship was attacked. Chased by Ravigans across the universe, she had no choice put to put her trust in Phoenix. But how was he able to penetrate her mind, filling it with teasing suggestions and sensual images, when that talent had always belonged exclusively to the generations of grey-eyed women in her line? Was the devil with the silver gaze the key to saving her beloved planet of Oasis, or just a common criminal out to take for himself whatever he could get his hands on?
Amy_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #41
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
FYI - I just noticed Tangled finally made it into the Kobo store. Don't get too excited, it appears it's been picked up by Simon & Schuster so not only is it NOT couponable but it's also now priced at $7.99.

Edit: It's still $4.99 and published by Omnific in the US Kindle store.
Well that's the quickest way to get me to pay full price for a book! Thank you for the heads up - it wasn't on Kobo two or three days ago when I last obsessively checked!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #42
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use TapaTalk for replying on the phone to MobileReads. I take you guys everywhere with me! It's a great app well worth the money. It alerts me to PMs. Threads and I reply or start a thread. Works great with Kindle Fire and Other tablets.
For those of you interested, Tapatalk classic is now free in the Google Play and Amazon app store. Thanks Blossom for putting the thought in my head, been meaning to check it out

:thumbup:
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #43
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
You will be glad you did give it your undivided attention. The next book in the series is the same way. Maybe that's why I haven't started the third book yet. I just don't have the time right now to be so involved in a book. However I like something at least better then If You Stay. I will probably start Spark by Brigid Kemmerer soon. Love the series but I am not reading past Spirit. I read spoilers and I do not like the direction the series has taken after that book.

So I am in a YA mood so any good YA Paranormals any one can recommend? I really want something original like the Elemental series. Not your standard Vampires/Werewolves/Witches kind of stuff.
Well, I loved 'Fall From Grace' by Christine Zolendz. I don't really want to say why it's paranormal because it's sort of a mystery at the beginning, and there's a rock 'star' in it. This was one Maryse recommended awhile ago and I enjoyed the whole series [3 books in 'Mad World' series]. Also, Jennifer L. Armentrout's [aka J. Lynn] 'Lux' series is very different and I loved it. Book 4 is coming out this summer and it will be an auto buy for me.

Last edited by Blue2u; 08-02-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #44
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The DANL August featured selections are...

Cowboy Seeks Bride by Carolyn Brown
Once Upon a Tartan by Grace Burrowes
Jaguar Fever by Terry Spear
What the Bride Wore by Jade Lee
To Wed a Wicked Highlander by Victoria Roberts
Wicked Beat by Olivia Cunning
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #45
NixLapi
Addict

Quote:
I really enjoyed Grave Mercy by RL LaFevers. It's historical, romance is in it, but not a major plot point. Haven't read the second book yet (because stupid Kobo sells stupid non-downloadable books, humph!) but it's a character series, not a cliffhanger trilogy.

Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay was another one I really really enjoyed. Very different from anything else I've read... I also read the second, Romeo Redeemed, but didn't like it nearly as much.

Quote:
Also, Jennifer L. Armentrout's [aka J. Lynn] 'Lux' series is very different and I loved it. Book 4 is coming out this summer and it will be an auto buy for me.
I've only read the first one, but have the second and third in my TBR, another good one!