Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #136
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
For adult readers - yes, I agree. Certainly not childrens' books, however.
They arn't?

I read them when I was about 8 or 9. I remember because WoE was the 2nd fantasy genre book I had ever read (the first being the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe). As I had previously been more into Enid Blyghton mystery style books (secret seven, famous five etc etc)

I got them from the school library too.

Last edited by Riocaz; 08-21-2008 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Edited because I'm an idiot who didn't quote the right person.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #137
stepanok
Connoisseur
stepanok began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieFrost View Post
horrible books from a sociopath author with very, very devious messages for children. Awful staff...
WOW!!!.. After 130+ posts, someone that agrees with me. There is still hope for humankind

P.S
Although i agee that arguing and crossing the line sometimes isnt all that great, i find that having a "moderator" ( i.e policeman in a diguised form ) appearing out of the blue and deciding what is acceptabe and what is not, even worse...
Old 08-21-2008, 09:13 AM   #138
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepanok View Post
WOW!!!.. After 130+ posts, someone that agrees with me. There is still hope for humankind

P.S
Although i agee that arguing and crossing the line sometimes isnt all that great, i find that having a "moderator" ( i.e policeman in a diguised form ) appearing out of the blue and deciding what is acceptabe and what is not, even worse...

Guidelines on posts are there for a reason....
Old 08-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #139
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
P.S
well, i am a recent moderator, but here i am speaking as a simple user.

i find the friendly and non-aggressive ambiance of mr to be one of its most appreciable features. as many mods and members have already said (including recently, in this thread), this is largely thanks to the members, who also seem to appreciate that for the majority of them, and do their best to maintain it.

if occasionnally someone seems to enjoy antagonism for the sake of antagonism, the mods are there to remind them that, well, this is not the place for that sort of behaviour. that's their job. if you think it's unacceptable to be reminded of the usually tacit rules of politeness and respectful discussion around here, then you can really easily avoid it by keeping to a respectful tone yourself. if you really feel the need to be antagonistic, there are lots of other forums where it seems to be the accepted modus operandi, and i encourage you to get it out of your system on whichever of them you please.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #140
stepanok
Connoisseur

One mans ceilling is another mans floor. If i was a moderator (!!!!???) i would target first people who are being silly rather than antagonistic
Old 08-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #141
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
One mans ceilling is another mans floor. If i was a moderator (!!!!???) i would target first people who are being silly rather than antagonistic
well perhaps the difference in our values can be accounted for by the fact that silliness spreads joy and good humour, whereas antagonism does not. i invite you to go antagonize people at www.tor.com ; you'll see, they love that sort of thing. it's really your kind of place.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #142
stepanok
Connoisseur

Silliness spreads joy and good humour...Hmm...Well, i'll take your word for it, however, If you were genuinly silly, good humoured etc you wouldnt react this way
Old 08-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #143
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Silliness spreads joy and good humour...Hmm...Well, i'll take your word for it, however, If you were genuinly silly, good humoured etc you wouldnt react this way
i'm pretty sure i would. even silly people can get annoyed after a point.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #144
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:

There is a place for seriousness, and one for the silliness (Lounge)....
Old 08-21-2008, 09:48 AM   #145
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
If i was a moderator (!!!!???) i would target first people who are being silly rather than antagonistic
Well, you see, the silliness doesn't actually cause any problems, and it's mostly in the lounge where it's appropriate anyway.

Antagonism, on the other hand, is directly harmful to the civil atmosphere we've tried so hard to foster here. It's one of the very few things we get excited over,actually.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #146
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This thread has gotten too out of hand. So the time has come to close it down. if you want to talk about The Tales of Beetle the Bard please do so in another thread.

Closed Thread