Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #241
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Latest review for Boomerang.

Fun Fun Read!, May 18, 2011
By
Misty Rayburn - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
In order to save his pawned guitar, Ted Hogwood accepts an assignment from a branch of the government that isn't even official. His partner on this assignment is Jerry Kwiatkowski and their mission is to steal a boomerang that contains secrets that should have died with J. Edgar Hoover. What stands in their path? A crossbow wielding assassin, two unemployed Australian women, the director of Central Intelligence and an ex-cheerleader!

Got your attention yet? Is your eyebrow raised? It should be! This book was a really fun read and Alan's writing style reminded me at times of the late Douglas Adams. The deeper into the plot you get, the more you can tell the characters are in a situation that's way over their heads. It's quirky, funny and really hard to put down. I found myself wondering how this all would come together and then when it did I was highly amused. It was really sad when this fun trip ended and I do hope to see these characters again somewhere down the road.
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #242
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks to everyone who has added Boomerang to your e-library this past month. I hope you enjoy it and would love to hear from you. I am very excited about the new cover by artist Laura Lakey.

Haven't been spending much time on forums lately as a conscious choice to devote as much time as possible to writing. I hope everyone here at MR is doing well and finding some fantastic reading. Have a great summer and thanks in advance if you choose to make Boomerang one of your beach reads!

Alan
Old 07-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #243
plumboz
Novelist

Hi,

I'm getting the word out to forums that have been kind enough to support Boomerang in the past that it is scheduled for a price increase soon, possibly as soon as Thursday or Friday, going to $2.99 from $0.99, which I have held as an "introductory" price for about 2 years.

Thanks,
Alan
Old 07-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #244
plumboz
Novelist

Well, Amazon got the memo, but they are still discounting Boomerang for now, at least in the USA, the UK site has updated to the current price.

Thanks,
Alan
Old 07-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #245
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Allan,
Good for you, Boomerang is great and 2.99 is certainly a fair price for it!
I'm looking forward to your next book.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #246
plumboz
Novelist

Thanks, Pablo. I'm working as fast as I can on The Baer Boys. After that, it's back to the adventures of many of the characters in Boomerang.

And as of a minute ago, both Amazon and Barnes and Noble still had the $0.99 price in place. It seems I have to give them about two weeks before I can rattle their cages.

Best,
Alan
Old 07-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #247
plumboz
Novelist

Well, still $0.99 at Amazon. Am shooting for price adjustment on August 10, which is the one year anniversary of Boomerang's release as an ebook in the UK, where it has had such a nice reception.

And here is a very nice, brief review that has made a recent appearance over at Goodreads.

Tim Myles
Jun 27, 2011
Tim Myles rated it 5 of 5 stars
I was really surprised by this, but it was a great, little page turner. Really funny in parts, very tongue in cheek, short and sweet. Got through it in a couple of sessions, which tells you all you need to know I think.....

Last edited by plumboz; 07-18-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #248
plumboz
Novelist

Another nice review from Goodreads.

Jack
Feb 28, 2011
Jack rated it 4 of 5 stars · review of another edition
An entertaining, funny thriller. The characters were great fun, especially the Australian sisters. I'll be watching out for more by this author.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #249
plumboz
Novelist

Synopsis for Boomerang

Ted Hogwood's beloved Sarah, a jazz guitar, is in the window of Topp Dollar Pawn. The only way he can get the money to rescue her is to accept an assignment from the AABC, a not nearly official branch of the United States intelligence community. He is partnered with Jerry Kwiatkowski, master of the Hammond B-3 organ and chronic flatulence sufferer, to steal a boomerang containing secrets that should have died with J. Edgar Hoover over thirty years ago. It would be a simple job if only they knew what they were doing. And if a crossbow wielding assassin, two unemployed Australian women, The Director of Central Intelligence and a clothing optional former onion festival queen were not also hot on the boomerang's trail.

Holding at $0.99 at Amazon, B&N and Smashwords.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:31 PM   #250
plumboz
Novelist

Hi,

I hope your summer has been a good one, unsullied, or at least not completely ruined, by hurricanes, riots, plagues of locusts or the steady decline of your favorite sports team.

Thank you to everyone who has checked out Boomerang. I have just posted a bit of a sneak peek at the follow-up, which is still a WIP but shaping up very nicely. If you would like to have a look, it can be found at Boomerang's Home on the Web.

Boomerang is still just $0.99 at Amazon or Barnes and Noble. And Sony. And Apple. And Kobo. And Smashwords!

Best,
Alan
Old 09-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #251
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Glad to hear the sequel is underway.

That's a fantastic cover. I don't believe I've seen that one before. I assume from the guitar in the foreground that that's Jerry in the background. He looks a lot nicer than I pictured.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #252
plumboz
Novelist

Hi WT,

Yes, I'm very pleased with the cover. This lovely recession has blessed the retail company I work for with some very talented people who are struggling to make a living doing what they do so well. We have an architect, a caterer, a couple of bankers and an incredible artist doing things like designing closets at the store. And the artist, one Laura Lakey, read Boomerang over a year ago, liked it and offered to do a cover for me. I had no money and was not about to ask her to do it for free, so I saved up until I could come within about a mile of what her work is worth and she did a great job. The figure on the left is her conception of Bethie. The guitar on the right is a Gibson L5-CES.

Alan
Old 09-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #253
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Hi WT,

Yes, I'm very pleased with the cover. This lovely recession has blessed the retail company I work for with some very talented people who are struggling to make a living doing what they do so well. We have an architect, a caterer, a couple of bankers and an incredible artist doing things like designing closets at the store. And the artist, one Laura Lakey, read Boomerang over a year ago, liked it and offered to do a cover for me. I had no money and was not about to ask her to do it for free, so I saved up until I could come within about a mile of what her work is worth and she did a great job. The figure on the left is her conception of Bethie. The guitar on the right is a Gibson L5-CES.

Alan
I was joking, of course, abut it being Jerry. I had her pegged for Bethie all along; I knew Jerry couldn't look that good. It is a great cover!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #254
plumboz
Novelist

Tom,

I'm just impressed you remembered any of the characters' names. Jerry is certainly in the follow-up, as is Ted as well as a few minor characters from Boomerang. Bethie is likely going to need a little cooling off time before she makes another appearance, but I hope at least one or two characters will make as much of an impression as she did on a lot of readers. Although I must say that the one people keep asking me to bring back is Doreen, the Very Loud Australian Woman of Mature Years. I'm making notes about an adventure for her, but it is early days on that, as they say Down Under.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #255
plumboz
Novelist

Hope it's okay if I simply put out this note that I would love for you to check out Boomerang, whether for Kindle,, Sony, nook or iPad.

"Ted Hogwood's beloved guitar is in the window of Topp Dollar Pawn. The only way he can get the money to rescue her is to accept an assignment from the AABC, a not nearly official branch of the US intelligence community. He is partnered with Jerry Kwiatkowski to steal a boomerang containing secrets that should have died with J. Edgar Hoover. It would be simple if they knew what they were doing."

Tags
amazon, barnes and noble, boomerang, comic novel, smashwords