Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 04:38 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Fritz Leiber collection available at Baen

Baen have an excellent deal on the complete Fritz Leiber "Fafhrd and Grey Mouser" series at present - all 7 books for $35. This is the original "swords and sorcery" series - Leiber coined the expression - and is a fantasy classic. The books in the series are:

1. Sword and Deviltry
2. Swords Against Death
3. Swords in the Mist
4. Swords Against Wizardry
5. The Swords of Lankhmar
6. Swords and Ice Magic
7. The Knight and Knave of Swords

I placed my order about 1 minute after reading Baen's e-mail .

Last edited by HarryT; 12-30-2009 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Corrected the spelling of Mr. Leiber's name.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:54 AM   #2
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Thanks - it's been a while since I read his books, and I don't think I've read more than a couple but I enjoyed them. I'll have a look!
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 05:24 AM   #3
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
Thanks muchly. I have fond memories of reading these many (many) years ago. I still have some of the paperbacks around somewhere in my library (by 'library', I mean 'unsorted collection of around 2000 books', not 'organised collection of books in which it is actually possible to find something'
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:25 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I was tempted, and then I remembered fictionwise has a sale and checked there. For club members, in multiformat, the whole series is $21.42. Even for non-members it's currently $25.20.

You have to select all the books individually - the "bundle" entry only adds four of the books to your cart, and all seven are available at fictionwise.

Of course, this is only because of Fictionwise's current 40-60% sale. After it ends on 31st December, I think the webscription offer will be better value.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:27 AM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I was tempted, and then I remembered fictionwise has a sale and checked there. For club members, in multiformat, the whole series is $21.42. Even for non-members it's currently $25.20.

You have to select all the books individually - the "bundle" entry only adds four of the books to your cart, and all seven are available at fictionwise.

Of course, this is only because of Fictionwise's current 40-60% sale. After it ends on 31st December, I think the webscription offer will be better value.
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I want to buy the whole series so the FW offer may be better for me, even though I'm not a club member. And for a change I should be able to buy it, since I think their multiformat books are not geo-restricted
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 05:29 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Even better - thanks, Paul!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:29 AM   #7
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick101 View Post
by 'library', I mean 'unsorted collection of around 2000 books', not 'organised collection of books in which it is actually possible to find something'
LOL
Old 12-30-2009, 05:53 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Baen have an excellent deal on the complete Fritz Lieber "Fafhrd and Grey Mouser" series at present - all 7 books for $35. This is the original "swords and sorcery" series - Lieber coined the expression - and is a fantasy classic. The book in the series are:

1. Sword and Deviltry
2. Swords Against Death
3. Swords in the Mist
4. Swords Against Wizardry
5. The Swords of Lankhmar
6. Swords and Ice Magic
7. The Knight and Knave of Swords

I believe there's a better deal at Fictionwise, at $3.06 x 7. I bought all of these last week there.

I love this series.

An EXCELLENT and ENJOYABLE series, regardless of how much one saves or spends.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-30-2009 at 05:55 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:44 AM   #9
Pardoz
Which side are you on?
Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Pardoz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2 Int'l
Superb series. As much of a Baen fan as I am, I purchased from FW - with the jk25 25% off code, you can pick up all seven for $16.10 if you use the code before Jan. 1.
Pardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #10
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Oh my. I've not read that series, but have read other works of his I loved. You guys are killing me with To-Be-Reads!

Thank you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:05 AM   #11
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Argh, I'd just decided to cut down on the ebooks and now this turns up...
It's a conspiracy
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardoz View Post
Superb series. As much of a Baen fan as I am, I purchased from FW - with the jk25 25% off code, you can pick up all seven for $16.10 if you use the code before Jan. 1.
I can't believe I forgot the 25% off code!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
LOL - I love this series, and I'd buy them but I bought the entire bundle from FW a few years ago. I think it was my first big purchase from them, ever.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #14
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
That coupon code "jk25" at Fictionwise (good through 12/31) makes the final price:

- $16.10 for Buywise members
- $18.90 for non-members
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #15
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by causticmuse View Post
That coupon code "jk25" at Fictionwise (good through 12/31) makes the final price:

- $16.10 for Buywise members
- $18.90 for non-members
But is that before or after the micropay credits?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote