Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Problem with RSS Reader on PB302

Greetings,

I am having difficulties getting the feed reader to function. I have several feeds programmed in, but whenever I try to update them I get kicked back to the main screen. An fb2 file is generated but it is empty. Any ideas? I am able to surf the web with the browser just fine.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
wiffel
wiffel is on a distinguished road

Device: bebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Greetings,

I am having difficulties getting the feed reader to function. I have several feeds programmed in, but whenever I try to update them I get kicked back to the main screen. An fb2 file is generated but it is empty. Any ideas? I am able to surf the web with the browser just fine.

Luqman
I'm experiencing the same kind of troubles. I did notice that whenever a feed is above 4K of bytes, the application crashes. Not quite sure that is the cause of your problems, but you never know.

Anyway it is kind of annoying since - most of the time - we can not control how big the feed is going to be.
wiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I just got my replacement 302 in today and I am having the same problem with the feed reader.

Any ideas?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
wiffel

Quote:
Well, I just got my replacement 302 in today and I am having the same problem with the feed reader.

Any ideas?
Hi luqmaninbmore,

I think it is a software problem (hence, a replacement will not help). For me feeds that return a small amount of data (< 4K) don't give a problem. If you have 1 feed that gives back more then 4K of data, I think the application just crashes.

You can try if this is what is bothering you by updating the feeds individually instead of all together. For now (until some software updates are available) I just removed the feeds that give back too much data.

Hope this can work for you for now,
Wilfried
Old 05-12-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i

I've tried updating them individually and that is not working either. The Mobileread front news feed is rather small and it will not download. Neither will any of the feeds that I've tried, even when I update them individually.

Luqman
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
I've tried updating them individually and that is not working either. The Mobileread front news feed is rather small and it will not download. Neither will any of the feeds that I've tried, even when I update them individually.

Luqman
This should be corrected in nthe new firmware. Please hang on tight.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
wiffel

Quote:

Luqman
The current Mobileread front new feed is a bit over 40K. I know that that doesn't seem much to read, but it is well over the 4K. I must admit that you won't find many RSS feeds that return less then 4K of data. So, it is not very useful right now.

I hope this will be fixed in the next firmware release.

For the moment I just use it to check my mails using a PHP script on my server. With that I can control the size of the data that is returned. Currently, it works OK if I keep the returned RSS file below 4K.

If I read it correctly in some other threads, that firmware should become available around this week. So, let's keep our fingers crossed