Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-03-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
OpenReader/dotreader for the Iliad?

Hi!

Since nekokami proposed this and Scotty1024 seems interested I don't see why this can't work.
I just had a short talk with David Rothman from the teleblog who seemed enthusiastic about it but told me that he's not the software guy. Apparently Mark and Gary Varnell are the guys to talk to there, but apparently they are not available at the moment, they'll be back on November 6th.

I'll ask David to give some more information.

So, we probably can't get it done by Monday, but there is still hope...:-)
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #2
davidrothman
Connoisseur
davidrothman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, $50 Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 6, Kobo Aura H2O
Mark's on vacation in Mexico, checking in via Internet cafes when he can, but I'll forward your comments (just so you know he may have connectivity issues)! Thanks, Roland! David
davidrothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Well I've already gotten ipdf to plumbed to accept multiple formats and all I need do now is write and plug in adapters.

If you want to get your er_registry.txt files ready, the new XPDF entry looks like this:
Code:
[XPDF]
category=viewer
arguments=<FILENAME>
exec=/usr/bin/xpdf
xResourceName=win
channel=2
extensions=pdf;PDF;djvu;DJVU;rtf;RTF;zip;ZIP
The zip entries let you feed in Baen eBooks with out needing to unzip them, or you can just rename them to rtf. The plumbing is clever enough to route content based on examination of what its fed, regardless of the file name extension. (already tested this part)
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote