Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
SmartV7 Arrived Today - Review Underway

Thanks for sending the device, you know who you are. I will begin testing it asap and have a review soon. Also thanks to Alex and Eletroworld for the opportunity to review this device.

The device is currently loaded with the factory firmware. WinCE and Android are in currently, but I know I can change them (or at least Android). As I thought, the build quality is exactly the same as my Q7. More coming soon!
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
iakovl
Connoisseur
iakovl began at the beginning.

Device: none
can't wait...
i'm not thinking about buying a MID as a manga reader and am considering the V7 even that i think the Q7 might be all that i need or even the W1060
iakovl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2009, 04:42 AM   #3
skyline
Enthusiast
skyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enough

Is this review been postponed? Dear Coldsun where are you?
skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

On vacation. Just got back last night. I should have the review up this weekend.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
iakovl
Connoisseur

ColdSun, any chance you can add to the review a reference to the Q7 overclocked version FW.
there are two:
official 800mhz - http://en.smartdevices.com.cn/Suppor...912/30-49.html

unofficial tuned version - http://www.jiongtang.com/fourm/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=922

this maybe a very strong terning point for me because even that the bigger memory on the V7 and the HDMI (don't need it) are strong points, the cheaper Q7 might do the trick with this OC versions

Last edited by iakovl; 01-02-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 01:17 AM   #6
heron61
Enthusiast
heron61 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipod Touch 3rd gen, SmartQ V7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
On vacation. Just got back last night. I should have the review up this weekend.
Do you know when this review is likely to go up? I'm on the verge of ordering a V7, and would like to see your review before making my final decision.
heron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
iakovl
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by heron61 View Post
Do you know when this review is likely to go up? I'm on the verge of ordering a V7, and would like to see your review before making my final decision.
same here
Old 01-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
Nation.A.List
Addict
Nation.A.List doesn't litterNation.A.List doesn't litter

Device: SmartQ 7
I'm guessing that with Coldsun now being involved with CarryPad that any reviews would have to appear there rather than here or elsewhere (it kind of says that on his website www.coldsuncreations.com)
Nation.A.List is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

I will still post reviews here (or linked to CarryPad). I know I've been sort of absent lately, and to be honest it isn't even CarryPad. The last few weeks I've been finishing up a new version of an application I'm writing for Dell (I might have mentioned I work there on my coldsuncreations site before). It has been under-the-gun to finish and it was very complex, but I'm almost there. Another day or so. My sincere apologies for the delay on the reviews. Not only do I have the SmartV7 review to post, but also the Skytone A700 Linux Tablet (8.9") from Eletroworld. THESE WILL BE UP. Bear with me.

Last edited by ColdSun; 01-18-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #10
dmitry
dmitry began at the beginning.

Skytone A700 Yeaahhh I'm looking forward to see this review ...
dmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #11
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews

My early thoughts on the Skytone A700 - very well done linux tablet. You won't be putting this in your pocket, but it makes a great sofa surfing experience. I'm having problems getting FBReader to turn pages, as the device has no buttons and tapping on the screen isn't doing anything. I think it is just a setup issue though, and I'll get it figured out.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #12
dmitry

I noticed that price of A700 is ~280$ so it's actually in range with TouchBook from AI . Where are you 200$ dream device .
Old 01-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #13
dmitry

If someone interested, there is a video on their web site http://www.skytone.net.cn/news_show.php?id=27