Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
URL for GutenText please

I've downloaded a text file from the internet which I think would make a very good ebook. But the text file has a pilcrow character (¶, ¶) at the end of each line rather than at the end of each paragraph. I need to remove them before I can start preparing an HTML file. I can't get Textify to do this, and it is taking forever to remove them by hand.

I understand that GutenText can do what I want, but when I do a google almost all the URLs found are in German, which I don't speak. I have searched MoblileRead, but the posts I have found which mention GutenText do not have a link to it.

So can some kind soul send me the URL please?

Alternatively, is there another program that anyone can recommend which will do this task?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
Notepad2 will do it, and its freeeeeeee!

http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 01:18 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabe View Post
Notepad2 will do it, and its freeeeeeee!

http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html
Thanks, Cabe. I've downloaded Notepad2 and have looked at the file with it. I have worked out how to see line endings, which show as LF (white on black), and I've explored the other menu options. But I can't work out how to remove the unwanted LFs while retaining the LFs at the ends of paragraphs.

What procedure should I use?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote