Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-22-2019, 04:57 AM   #1
3SkYnE
3SkYnE began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
EReader bloccato non connette usb

Ciao a tutti
So benissimo che ci sono già centinaia di post su questo tema, ma ho provato tutte le soluzioni proposte senza risolvere nulla.
Dopo aver caricato il firmware 1.0.07 il mio PRS T1 ha un problema grosso, non rileva più i collegamenti USB cioè:
1) se lo collego al PC via USB si blocca
2) il PC non lo rileva in nessun modo
3) non funziona nemmeno il Wi-FI

Io vorrei mettere un altro firmware per ripristinarlo ma purtroppo non funzionando via USB non riesco a caricare nulla direttamente sul dispositivo; nemmeno caricando il Rescue su SD e tentare il ripristino con Home+Menu non succede nulla.

Qualcuno può aiutarmi? Premetto che non sono un genio e dovrò essere guidato!
Grazie a tutti
3SkYnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:17 PM   #2
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
I'm not an expert either. Have you tried doing a Device Shutdown? A reboot seems to solve a lot of little issues.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2019, 08:47 PM   #3
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Try taking out the SD card and using different USB cables to connect to your computer or a different computer. Also you need to try connect your PRS T-1 to different USB ports on your computer. I just tried connect my T-1 to my laptop and one USB didn't work but another one did. Also remember that once you connect your T-1 to the computer you must press DATA TRANSFER MODE on the T-1 before the computer recognizes it.
*Edit*
Also, if the problem is that you can't add new ebooks to your T-1 you might want to try adding books straight to the SD card.

Last edited by Ricky D'Angelo; 03-24-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:05 AM   #4
3SkYnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I'm not an expert either. Have you tried doing a Device Shutdown? A reboot seems to solve a lot of little issues.

I also tried hard reset but it doesn't work
Old 03-26-2019, 04:09 AM   #5
3SkYnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
Try taking out the SD card and using different USB cables to connect to your computer or a different computer. Also you need to try connect your PRS T-1 to different USB ports on your computer. I just tried connect my T-1 to my laptop and one USB didn't work but another one did. Also remember that once you connect your T-1 to the computer you must press DATA TRANSFER MODE on the T-1 before the computer recognizes it.
*Edit*
Also, if the problem is that you can't add new ebooks to your T-1 you might want to try adding books straight to the SD card.
I tried even if only a couple of cables, now I'll try with other and other USB ports.
more than the loading of books, which I can do via sd card, it is that wi-fi no longer works and I wanted to put back the old firmware via usb

thanks for the answers and help
Advert
Old 03-27-2019, 05:43 AM   #6
3SkYnE

I tried to use various USB cables and various ports but it doesn't work. Every time I connect it, the PRS T1 hangs and I have to reset.
I believe that the new firmware has blocked it
Old 03-27-2019, 09:50 AM   #7
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Are you asked what to do, when the Sony is attached to the computer?
Is calibre or other similar SW active in the background?
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:04 PM   #8
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SkYnE View Post
I tried even if only a couple of cables, now I'll try with other and other USB ports.
more than the loading of books, which I can do via sd card, it is that wi-fi no longer works and I wanted to put back the old firmware via usb

thanks for the answers and help
My T-1 is running firmware 1.0.07.05070 and I was able to connect to wi-fi. Could be your firewall is blocking internet connectivity where you are at. You might want to try taking your T-1 out to to different free wi-fi hotspots to see if it connects there. Also try searching old threads here to see if you find a solution.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=200831

Last edited by Ricky D'Angelo; 03-27-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:13 AM   #9
3SkYnE

Quote:
My T-1 is running firmware 1.0.07.05070 and I was able to connect to wi-fi. Could be your firewall is blocking internet connectivity where you are at. You might want to try taking your T-1 out to to different free wi-fi hotspots to see if it connects there. Also try searching old threads here to see if you find a solution.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=200831
Thanks but when I turn on the wifi he does not display any network and says error
I repeat, for me I have a problem with the firmware, only not being able to connect it via usb I don't know how to install a previous firmware
Old 03-29-2019, 07:41 PM   #10
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SkYnE View Post
Thanks but when I turn on the wifi he does not display any network and says error
I repeat, for me I have a problem with the firmware, only not being able to connect it via usb I don't know how to install a previous firmware
A hard reset will install the original firmware.
https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00016329
Old 04-04-2019, 04:24 AM   #11
3SkYnE

I tried but did not reinstall the original firmware and it is 1.07
Old 04-10-2019, 10:06 AM   #12
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
A hard reset will install the original firmware.
I think the wording is a bit misleading:
what exactly is "original", for instance, in your opinion?

Anyway:
A hard reset would "recover" the device to the last successful flashed firmware (or the factory one, if not "upgraded").
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:23 AM   #13
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
I think the wording is a bit misleading:
what exactly is "original", for instance, in your opinion?

Anyway:
A hard reset would "recover" the device to the last successful flashed firmware (or the factory one, if not "upgraded").
Well, thanks for the clarification.
-----------------------------------------

Regarding the problem of the T-1 not being recognized by the computer Sony recommends uninstalling the Reader USB drivers

https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/...les/S500022909

https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/...les/S500022289