Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #46
pdops
Zealot
pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.pdops is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
I'm downloading those Baen books even though I already them.
Off topic a bit but I'm disappointed to see that prices at Baen have jumped a couple of bucks recently.
pdops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #47
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
I'm downloading those Baen books even though I already them. Just because. I'm surprised to see the books didn't inherit the titles from the print editions. I hope this isn't a trend for all the Baen books. Not having the reviews on both editions is a pain -- I like having those reviews available right there (yes, even the silly and useless reviews). Also, it makes the books look as if they came out of the blue, even if they are all by established authors. I hope eBook readers who don't know any better won't think that Baen is some new, unproven e-publisher.

It should be interesting to see how the whole "Baen eBooks on Amazon" thinige (Baen-a-Zon?) goes. I hope it works out well for Baen and the authors. I hope people stop posting those ridiculous one-star "The evil publisher didn't make this available for Kindle" reviews on Baen books!
Here is the announcement from Baen:

Quote:
Hi folks,

The following Baen Free Library titles are now available on Amazon's Kindle Store:

Bedlam Boyz
Caliphate
In the Heart of Darkness
Oath of Swords
On Basilisk Station
Starliner
Star Soldiers
The Course of Empire
The Creatures of Man
The Philosophical Strangler
The Sea Hag
The Warslayer
Time Traders

Please allow up to 48 hours for the Ebooks to fully propagate in all Amazon marketplaces. Additionally, linking to the dead-tree edition will take another 12-24 hours.
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #48
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdops View Post
Off topic a bit but I'm disappointed to see that prices at Baen have jumped a couple of bucks recently.
Please read this thread Baen Deal with Amazon and new pricing.

Hope this answers any questions you may have.

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 12-22-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #49
Sarah-Bookworm
Distinctive Book Diva!
Sarah-Bookworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I downloaded Split Blood: The Ancient Codex - Part 1 last night and it's surprisingly decent so far.

I got it for free (and I think it still is): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Split-Blood-...6131892&sr=1-1
Sarah-Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #50
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
The Shadowdance Triology by David Dalgish on Amazon for 1.17$

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shadowdanc...91887&sr=1-4#_

The Shadowdance Trilogy chronicles the childhood, training, and rise to power of Haern, the Watcher of Veldaren.

---

A DANCE OF CLOAKS - Aaron has been groomed since birth to be heir of an underworld empire. Yet when sent to kill the daughter of a priest, Aaron instead risks his own life to protect her from the wrath of his guild. In doing so, he glimpses a world beyond poison, daggers, and the iron control of his father.

A DANCE OF BLADES - When the son of Alyssa Gemcroft, one of the three leaders of the powerful Trifect, is believed murdered, slaughter begins anew in the streets of Veldaren. Mercenaries flood the city with one goal in mind: find and kill Aaron, now known as Haern, the King's Watcher.

A DANCE OF DEATH - Haern travels south to confront a copycat killer, finding a city ruled by the corrupt, the greedy, and the dangerous. Rioters fill the streets, and the threat of war with the mysterious elves hangs over all. To stop it, Haern must confront the deadly Wraith, and the man he might become.
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #51
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNightshadow View Post
The Shadowdance Triology by David Dalgish on Amazon for 1.17$

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shadowdanc...91887&sr=1-4#_

The Shadowdance Trilogy chronicles the childhood, training, and rise to power of Haern, the Watcher of Veldaren.
Many thanks. I had not purchased these yet and had always intended to. At that price I also gifted a copy to my sister for Christmas.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #52
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
The Legend of Ellie Quin by Alex Scarrow - free Kindle UK and US for next three days

My son and I are huge fans of Simon Scarrow's Eagle books, so we belong to the Scarrow brothers forum. I just got this e-mail from Alex, Simon's brother. It's dated yesterday, so the four free days probably means three by now - it's 8 am, 12/25, US Pacific time right now.

Quote:
Chances are that if you've got this email you've read one of my books or Simon's, liked it enough to come and register on our forum - so hopefully this doesn't feel like too spammy an email.

I'm mailing out to ask a favour. If you have a quiet moment after all the xmas pressies have been opened, would you be prepared to click the link at the bottom? It links through to my first self-published ebook, ELLIE QUIN. By clicking through and, if you're interested, downloading the book (for free today, and the next four days) you'll help spike the books ratings and hopefully get it on Amazon's top 100. Which will put it in full view of millions of potential Kindle owners.

This email shot is my one chance to leverage 'scarrow fan support'. I hope this unsolicited request isn't too much of an irritation.and if so, then I apologise.

So then, here's the link;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ellie-Quin-B.../dp/B00AHG46Y8

Thank you, and Merry Christmas one and all.

Alex Scarrow
I think I've gotten this down to the minimum link that will work, but if there's still an affiliate tag in it, hopefully someone who knows more about this can fix it.

Also free in the Amazon US store, again hope I've gotten the affiliate tags (if any) out:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+of+ellie+quin

BTW, although this one is self-pubbed, Alex Scarrow's Timeriders series is published by Puffin (part of Penguin, I think?) and Walker Children's, so not a total out-of-left-field...

Last edited by sufue; 12-25-2012 at 12:23 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Some good stuff on sale at the moment in the Amazon UK "12 Days of Kindle" sale. Eg, Raymond Feist's "Magician" and Robin Hobb's "Fools Errand" for £1.99 each.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #54
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
9.69 still from the Australian Scrooges.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #55
gbm
Wizard

Rileys-Rogues & Riley's Rogues: Twilight Zone by Raymond Fiore

On Amazon Riley's Rogues by Raymond Fiore and Riley's Rogues: Twilight Zone by Raymond Fiore are free for 12/25/2012.

no longer free 12/26/2012

Quote:
"The Rogues? Those guys are crazy. I heard they once threw a Garg out of an airlock for fun!"

Rogue Team, the most feared special operations unit of the Imperial Marine Corps. Throughout the sector they have handled spaceship boardings, hostage situations and every other dirty job handed down to them by headquarters.

Now, they take on a new commander. Fresh out of the academy, Lieutenant Logan Riley is assigned to the battle tested Rogues. As he strives to fit in with the hardened veterans, his indoctrination is cut short. An Imperial senator has been kidnapped and "Riley's" Rogues must rescue the senator while trying to safely navigate through Imperial politics and intrigue.

Outmanned and outgunned, together with their shipmates on the battlecruiser Dante's Inferno, they fight side-by-side to maintain the peace in the known universe.

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 12-26-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #56
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Some of the Best from Tor.com: 2012 Edition is free to preorder at Amazon. The stories are also available for free at Tor.com's website, but having them all together in an ebook is better.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #57
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I don't think anyone has posted this. Katharine Kimbriel and other Book View Cafe authors are giving away free e-books http://tinyurl.com/d9o52dy
I am happy, several of the books have been on my wishlist for awhile
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #58
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
In case anyone else hasn't noticed -- I didn't until today -- Brent Week's Blinding Knife and Trudi Canavan's Traitor Queen are 30% off at BoB (not couponable) down to $9.09 from $12.99.

Those are both Orbit books so cross your fingers it all Orbit books.

Edit: Checked out Amazon and they are $9.99 there so maybe its just the 'not so new release anymore' price drop. Still full price and not couponable at Kobo.

Last edited by artifact; 12-28-2012 at 10:52 PM.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:02 AM   #59
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Part of the Kindle Daily Deal but the same price at B&N and Kobo.The Resurrectionist by Jack O'Connell is $1.99 from Algonquin. Kobo ($1.19 with coupon bargainmoose40 for 40% off) B&N

Quote:
The Resurrectionist is a wild ride into a territory where nothing is as it appears. Part classic noir thriller, part fabulist fable, it is the story of Sweeney and his comatose son, Danny. Hoping for a miracle, Sweeney has brought Danny to the fortresslike Peck Clinic, whose doctors claim to have "resurrected" patients who were similarly lost in the void. but the real cure for his son's condition may lie in Limbo, a comic book world beloved by Danny before he slipped into a coma.

O'Connell has crafted a spellbinding novel about stories and what they can do for and to those who create them and those who consume them. About the nature of consciousness and the power of the unknown. And, ultimately, about forgiveness and the depth of our need to extend it and receive it.

Last edited by NightBird; 12-29-2012 at 03:10 AM.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #60
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Free on Amazon
After the Star Fell by A.G. Kimbrough
http://www.amazon.com/After-the-Star...158592011_f_19

Quote:
After the Star Fell is a Science Fiction Novel set 3000 years after a large asteroid was sent to impact the earth. In orbit, survivor descendants, in a space station, watch, as two groups of humans claw their way back toward civilization. When that civilization advances to the point of generating radio transmissions, the aliens will send another asteroid, as they have done several times in the past.

The space station inhabitants lost their ability to withstand Earth’s gravity generations before. In a desperate attempt to forestall the inevitable, two survivors of the unsuccessful space defense battle are revived from a 3000-year cold sleep, and sent back to earth. This is their story.
Apache

Last edited by Apache; 12-29-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote