Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan: The Lost World-Illustrated. v1. 15 Mar 2011

An adventure by the father of Sherlock Holmes - Crichton's title to the sequel of Jurassic Park is intended as an homage, I understand.

Edition of PG text, illustrated with images from two different sets in the Internet Archive (there is a third, with images from a movie of the twenties, which I have skipped). The author of some of these images seems to be the prolific, celebrated Anonymous - the others are credited.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	68394  
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Lost World - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.epub (737.1 KB, 1194 views)

Last edited by carmenchu; 03-17-2011 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Correct typo in title
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:09 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think you'll find that the correct title for this book is "The Lost World".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #3
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The 'Illustrated' is added as information - there is already a non-illustrated version in the Forum. However, I have no objection to have it removed - or to refrain for similar addenda in the future. ;-) Should I?
Old 03-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
carmenchu, it's about a very little typo in the word "word", but I would think that only Harry as a moderator could correct it as it is in the title line.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You misunderstand - the word "Illustrated" is absolutely fine, and should be there. What I'm saying is the book is called "The Lost WORLD". In both the thread title AND the file upload, you've called it "The Lost WORD".
Old 03-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenchu View Post
Edition of PG text
You could have used the text from this version instead, which has additional corrections (unless they have been incorporated to the PG text, which I can't check now because the server is not responding).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Proof-read by your good self, as I recall .
Old 03-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
carmenchu
Groupie

Sorry - typo indeed! - I would blame my eyesight... Should I correct?
Jellby - I am grateful for the tip. Trouble is:
* After some trials, I have found some books in this site containing exactly the same typos/lack of italics/etc., than those from PG: how to find the exceptions? (Notwithstanding typo in title, I always proof-read).
* I usually find it easier to converted from HTML, or generally, a single file: hate splits not in chapters and other issues...
Chacun à son gout!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #9
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Sorry - typo indeed! - I would blame my eyesight... Should I correct?

Yes, it would be great if you could correct the name of the epub file, thanks.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:13 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've changed the thread title - please could you upload a renamed file?
Old 03-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #11
carmenchu
Groupie

Done!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
* After some trials, I have found some books in this site containing exactly the same typos/lack of italics/etc., than those from PG: how to find the exceptions? (Notwithstanding typo in title, I always proof-read).
Before creating an ebook, search the site to see if it has already been uploaded.

If it has, read the posts and dowload the book(s), and see if the quality satisfies you.

If it does, you are finished. If it doesn't, take the best of the versions you find and improve it.

If you find any typos or mistakes you'd like corrected, please inform the original uploader, chances are (s)he'd like to fix the book too.

If the original uploader does not respond or if your improvements are significant (such as adding illustrations or creating an omnibus), you are welcome to create a new version.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote