Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
valarie
valarie began at the beginning.

Device: craig touchscreen
help i bought craig tablet

it works fine but when i try to download kobo reader it says my android is not listed what do i have to do please the android market works
valarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #17
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by valarie View Post
it works fine but when i try to download kobo reader it says my android is not listed what do i have to do please the android market works
It says your android is not listed? I'm a little confused by that. Could you let me know what the exact message was, word for word? I'd be happy to research it, if I can't recognize a solution right away.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #18
craigapad
craigapad began at the beginning.

Device: craig android pad
hi, I managed to install successfully, thank you very much.
I followed all the steps and cleaared the cache as well as cleared the data for the google related as given in the thread, but it says download is unsuccessful when I use the app market.

any idea?
I appreciate your support.
craigapad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #19
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigapad View Post
hi, I managed to install successfully, thank you very much.
I followed all the steps and cleaared the cache as well as cleared the data for the google related as given in the thread, but it says download is unsuccessful when I use the app market.

any idea?
I appreciate your support.
What usually works is to remove the data and cache for all Google-related items: Calendar, Gmail, Maps, Talk, etc., and all storage associated with them. As a last resort, you can go through and clear the cache and data from all the apps on the tablet. That will almost certainly work.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #20
craigapad
craigapad began at the beginning.

Device: craig android pad
Thats a magic, it worked, many thanks........... good luck...
craigapad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #21
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigapad View Post
Thats a magic, it worked, many thanks........... good luck...
Great! Glad it worked for you.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #22
Gardnq1
Gardnq1 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig 7" 2.1 droid
where is the root directory? I got an invalid firmware message?
Gardnq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #23
br8nd4on
br8nd4on began at the beginning.

Device: Craig Android
Ok, I will try to help you. I at first was getting invalid firmware image as well. What I did at first was just download http://code.google.com/p/cmp738a/dow...s4.7z&can=1&q= this and rename it to update.img and transferred it to the disk drive of the craig 7" tablet. Well, you don't actually do that. What you do is download the file from here http://code.google.com/p/cmp738a/dow...s4.7z&can=1&q= and use 7zip to extract the file to an .img extension. Then, you rename the .img extension to update.img

Once you do that then transfer the file to the tablet, and unplug the USB drive then it will update correctly. If you need anymore help I'll try to help.
br8nd4on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #24
Gardnq1
Gardnq1 began at the beginning.

Device: Craig 7" 2.1 droid
it never reboots after i unplug.
Gardnq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:42 AM   #25
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardnq1 View Post
where is the root directory? I got an invalid firmware message?
The root directory is the top directory that your computer sees when you plug in the tablet. In the latest stable build, it's called "ROCK-CHIIPS".

You have to uncompress the 7z file and then rename it to update.img before you unplug the USB cable.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:03 AM   #26
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Any idea where I might find one of these on-line or locally?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #27
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Nice to see some newbies in this thread - do stay, browse and join in the fun
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #28
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Any idea where I might find one of these on-line or locally?
I bought mine at CVS. I'm not sure where else you can buy them, but you can check this thread at Slickdeals.net to see where others have bought theirs.

The circular referred to in the Slickdeals.net thread says that the $99 price at CVS ends March 5th, so you'd better get moving, if you plan on getting one.

Just in the past couple of days, I've been having trouble calibrating the touchscreen on the unit. (I'm helping test custom firmware, so I have to go through the calibration screen a lot.) I'm not sure if it's a hardware or firmware problem, though.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #29
NCitsme
NCitsme began at the beginning.

Device: none
bhartman36 - what do you think about todays updates 4.2 / update.img / Froyo Wopad firmware ??? Thanks for all your help...
NCitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #30
bhartman36
Wizard

NCitsme: I think the work that's been done on the firmware (primarily by Shad on SlateDroid) is remarkable. This takes the tablet a lot farther than I would've thought it could go. Today's update to 4.2 brings Titanium Backup (free version) and because the system now uses aufs (IIRC) instead of cramfs, you can use ADB to go in and make system modifications if you want. Really very slick.

The Foryo Wopad firmware is not meant to be loaded on this tablet. I uploaded it there for Shad to look at and play with, because it's got Froyo in it, and I thought that maybe he could use that to put Froyo in the custom firmware.