Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
Note-taking on PRS 700 / 600 ?

Hi 700 cousins, from a 505 owner -

Do any of you 700 owners use the virtual keyboard to actually write notes on the device? And if so, is there any way to export them out to a PC later?
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i do, mostly to mark corrections to make to the text. as far as i know there is not an easy way to export the notes (like, in a txt file or such) sadly, but i believe you can access them via the sony desktop software, *if* you use the sync feature. i don't use it so i can't tell you how, but i'm sure someone else can. based on the description of the new models that was breifly online, i'm hoping they've rectified this in the 600.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
Sony's Aug 5th press release for the new PRS-600 has answered my question: "All notes can be exported and printed out for easy reference." Cool!
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:43 AM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by DojoPat View Post
Sony's Aug 5th press release for the new PRS-600 has answered my question: "All notes can be exported and printed out for easy reference." Cool!
this must be a new feature. which is a good one for the people that need it
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:37 AM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I just take digital picture of my notes on the 700 screen. Then I scan the picture, and run it through an OCR program and then print out the result.

I then scan the printout and run that through an OCR program and save the results in a txt format.

After that I make a powerpoint presentation of the results and use an infocus to project the image onto a large white wall. Then, using a water based marker I trace the letters on the wall, cut the Sheetrock (drywall) in 1 foot by 1 foot squares, carefully numbering and diagraming them for reassembling later.

After shellacking the sheetrock squares, I let them dry.

Soon after that (depending on the timetable) I put the sheetrock back together based on my diagram and lay them out on a large gym floor. I then carefully chisel outlines of the text. Then using an acrylic paint I cover the entire text and quickly press a large sheet of butcherblock paper on it, quickly remove it and keeping it horizontal let it dry for 48 hours.

Then I take the butcherblock paper reverse image and cover it with copper dioxide. I connect each end to 4 car batteries. It is important not to do this near water!

Finally I light the butcher paper on fire, leaving only the faint copper imprint.

I am stuck after this. I know I am on to something, but... I am missing a step somewhere.

For now I recommend Zelda's process. It is crude, but effective.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
earriagada
earriagada began at the beginning.

Device: sony 700
hi DojoPat, Did you find a good solution with the notes and the highlites texts
earriagada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I just take digital picture of my notes on the 700 screen. Then I scan the picture, and run it through an OCR program and then print out the result.

I then scan the printout and run that through an OCR program and save the results in a txt format.

After that I make a powerpoint presentation of the results and use an infocus to project the image onto a large white wall. Then, using a water based marker I trace the letters on the wall, cut the Sheetrock (drywall) in 1 foot by 1 foot squares, carefully numbering and diagraming them for reassembling later.

Soon after that (depending on the timetable) I put the sheetrock back together based on my diagram and lay them out on a large gym floor. I then carefully chisel outlines of the text. Then using an acrylic paint I cover the entire text and quickly press a large sheet of butcherblock paper on it, quickly remove it and keeping it horizontal let it dry for 48 hours.

Then I take the butcherblock paper reverse image and cover it with copper dioxide. I connect each end to 4 car batteries. It is important not to do this near water!

Finally I light the butcher paper on fire, leaving only the faint copper imprint.

I am stuck after this. I know I am on to something, but... I am missing a step somewhere.

thank god for the export feature on the 600 !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #8
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
Donnageddon....that is just too good. Absolutely made my day!
rjfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:57 AM   #9
adfines
adfines began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

thank god for the export feature on the 600 !!
By "export feature" I guess you mean using the eLibrary, but is there a way to export the highlighted texts and notes with the Windows Explorer or something? I'm using calibre, and my eLibrary just doesn't work anymore!

Last edited by adfines; 09-25-2009 at 07:00 AM.
adfines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:04 PM   #10
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
I do synch, but it doesn't import your notes under "notepad". UHM. Mysteries of Sony software ?
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:24 AM   #11
kf6gpe
kf6gpe began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
hmmm. Must finally be time for me to upgrade the software --- I didn't know about the export feature. Thanks... I'll try it! Running out of sheet rock around here as it is.
kf6gpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:46 AM   #12
NoHolyGrail
Connoisseur
NoHolyGrail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (previously owned PRS-500, PRS-600)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post

You must work for Sony
NoHolyGrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:17 AM   #13
sebastienbillard
Connoisseur
sebastienbillard is on a distinguished road

Device: none
I didn't find how to export notes in sony software ?? Yes I see my drawings but i can't save them for use in other software (apart doing a printscreen and copy paste) note taking i spretty useless that way or I am missing something ? Simple txt file for each note would be so much easier...
sebastienbillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #14
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Note-taking on the prs-600 for me is like pulling teeth - it is incredibly slow!

I have used the handwriting memos a few times to remind me to look something up but I found it would have been quicker to go and get pen and paper! As for the exporting, I've never tried this.

Since I purchased an ipod touch about a week ago, I keep it clipped on to my belt. The notes program on there is incredibly easy to use with a virtual keyboard and I can type fast on it with few if any mistakes. The handy thing is you can email the notes to yourself and print or use the text as you wish. I know it is another gadget (ho-hum) but it works well for me.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #15
Yoshi 1080
Addict
Yoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litterYoshi 1080 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Since I purchased an ipod touch about a week ago, I keep it clipped on to my belt. The notes program on there is incredibly easy to use with a virtual keyboard and I can type fast on it with few if any mistakes. The handy thing is you can email the notes to yourself and print or use the text as you wish.
Or you could just let iTunes sync your notes automatically
Yoshi 1080 is offline   Reply With Quote