Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #751
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
It sounds like they wouldn't work for you. I only listen to them in the car, so if I had a shorter commute, I wouldn't listen to them at all either, even though I enjoy them.

I used to get bored or frustrated with my listening options, but since I started listening to books for half my drives, I don't get bored anymore. I'm listening to books I either wouldn't read anyway or that I've read already and want to listen to them for a different experience. It's a great option for me and I'm only sorry that it doesn't work for everyone.
Yup. The driving portion of my commute is about 5-7 minutes, so not worth it. I do read a lot on the train portion though. No point in an audiobook for that. Different things work for different people, the important part is that we are all reading in some way (and enjoying it.)
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #752
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
5- 7 minute commute is that all. I should wish that I only had a commute of that length.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #753
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
5- 7 minute commute is that all. I should wish that I only had a commute of that length.
Me too. Unfortunately, it is only the driving portion that is 5-7 minutes; the riding the train portion is about 45. At least I get a lot of reading done that way.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #754
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sixty-three countries down, only seven more countries to go. Now if only my library would cooperate in getting these books to me in a timely manner. I waited forty-five days for a book that was not on loan or on hold (except by me) to show up. I've got one that's at 31 days and one that's at 22 days. I need these books to finish!

Countries finished: Canada, United States, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Barbados, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Venezuela, Trinidad and Tobago, Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, China, South Korea, Japan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Turkey, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Poland, Latvia, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Albania, Greece, Ireland, United Kingdom, Iceland

Countries left: Ukraine, France, Italy, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Portugal
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #755
Dazrin
Wizard

There are 100 days left in the year for anyone keeping track. Plenty of time to get caught up still.
Advert
Old 09-23-2014, 04:24 AM   #756
CharredScribe
Addict
CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharredScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Aura ONE
As I predicted, by reading is picking up again. When I was working long hours in July and August, I would just veg out to music or a film in the evenings, too tired to read or hold a book. Now, I am back to my usual routine of reading first thing in the morning, last thing at night, and also on my commute. If I keep this up, I should reach my target and make a dent in my ever-expanding backlog of books!
CharredScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #757
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
There are 100 days left in the year for anyone keeping track. Plenty of time to get caught up still.
I thought I was the only one that knew that.

I've got it at the top of my spreadsheet.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #758
Dazrin
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I thought I was the only one that knew that.

I've got it at the top of my spreadsheet.
It's not at the top of my spreadsheet, but close.

Under "Miscellaneous Information" here. Yes, I spend too much time on this.

Last edited by Dazrin; 01-14-2015 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Link removed, see my goals for current version.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #759
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
I'm at 109 right now, which translates to 151 by the end of the year. Just one over my "stretch" goal.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #760
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:

That spreadsheet is amazing!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:07 PM   #761
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
That spreadsheet is amazing!
I think this guy needs some help for... I don't know... OCD or something?

Maybe I'll do something like that next year. I have OCD as well...
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #762
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've just finished book number 175. That puts me on track for 240 this year, which would be my highest recorded total.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #763
Dazrin
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I think this guy needs some help for... I don't know... OCD or something?

Maybe I'll do something like that next year. I have OCD as well...
I may be guilty of that. Originally it was a way for me to learn some of the differences between Google Sheets and Excel - it kind of ballooned. A lot.

Fortunately now it is as done as I can expect it to be so I only need to add books and update my progress as I go, everything else is pretty much automated.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #764
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

I feel shamed.

Although I might have you beat on knowing exactly how many pages I have left to read. Currently 1,709 pages left in my country challenge. I can also see that I am 65.97 days ahead of schedule right now.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:22 AM   #765
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I'm right on track according to GR. 21 books done, 9 more to go.
I'm a bit behind on page challenge, but I'm not sweating it.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote