Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #136
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I've seen someone else mention this - I haven't tried it for myself but I looked at the code (and I have again now) and it doesn't seem possible. Or at least it isn't "supposed" to happen since clearly for you it is. I'll try it tomorrow.
Hmmm... well, it did it the one time, and now that I'm trying to debug it, it won't do it again. I've tried a few sequences of events, but I can't recreate it.

What's the command line switch to start calibre in debug mode? I only know how to restart in debug mode from the preferences. I'll change my shortcut command and just start it in debug mode until I catch it. It's bound to do it again sooner or later, right?
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #137
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
calibre-debug -g

I am not surprised that you cannot recreate it, just that you saw it happen in the first place .
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #138
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
calibre-debug -g

I am not surprised that you cannot recreate it, just that you saw it happen in the first place .
LOL Believe me, if something strange is gonna happen, it will happen to me. I'm used to getting the weird problems. Thanks for the switches. If I come up with anything I'll let you know.

CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #139
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Question:

I'd like to have a list for books to be marked as "read" (through a Y/N custom column) and then removed from the Kindle. Does it matter how I set the "Sync this list to the device as soon as it is connected" option?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:27 AM   #140
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Nyssa - not really, what is more important to you in this case is the "Clear list" option which you will need unchecked or else your Y/N column will get reset after the book is removed from the Kindle.

The "Sync as soon as list is connected option" is just to control when the sync takes place - manually on demand or automatically once.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #141
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
Just thought I'd add my thanks to the list.... fantastic! Another groupie here
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #142
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@Nyssa - not really, what is more important to you in this case is the "Clear list" option which you will need unchecked or else your Y/N column will get reset after the book is removed from the Kindle.

The "Sync as soon as list is connected option" is just to control when the sync takes place - manually on demand or automatically once.
Ahh, I didn't think of that! I didn't realize clearing the list would reset. You just saved me a lot of confusion and head ache!
(I tried to give you Karma, but I'm told I have to "Spread the Karma around). So here is a (((HUG))) instead.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #143
kiwidude

Haha, thanks, you are welcome. And yes, any time a book is removed from a list, if there is a tag/column specified for when it is added, then the tag comes off when the book leaves the list. That removal from the list can happen either by using the "Remove from list" menu option, or by having the "Clear list" option checked and doing a sync.

So if you are using this plugin as a way to somehow tag your books when they get added to a list, then you need to keep them on that list if you want to keep your tag/column value. The only way around this would be for you to temporarily disable the tag column for that list, then remove the items. Prone to error though as you have to remember to configure the tag column back again afterwards.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #144
Nyssa
Series Addict

Makes sense. I do have it set to tag and then clear "New" items, so of course it would flip a Y/N box. Thanks again.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #145
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I'd like to have a list for books to be marked as "read" (through a Y/N custom column) and then removed from the Kindle. Does it matter how I set the "Sync this list to the device as soon as it is connected" option?
Ditto, or something similar. When you've got 100s of books, knowing what you have read, and not read, is paramount...especially if you're over 50

Last edited by markdek; 06-22-2011 at 09:54 PM.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:25 AM   #146
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

I'm finally sitting down to have a good "play" with this plugin since the update, and I have a question.

I'm not sure if what I want it to do is even possible, but here goes...

We now have the three syncing options - new items, all items and remove items. Is there some way to sync new items while removing any items that are no longer in the list?

Cam

ETA: Never mind... I already had a list that was Y/N for having been read. I've set that to sync - remove items and now I have it doing exactly what I want.

Thanks again Kiwidude for this update.

Last edited by Stampercam; 06-23-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:02 AM   #147
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
I have NOT updated since the initial release, but, I wanted to know, Kiwidude, in the "Edit List" screen, are you able to sort by Title, while still retaining the numerical ranking/order on the left? In the release that I have installed, you are unable to do so, so, sometimes, finding a book, in a list of 200+, is difficult, as I have to scroll and sometimes I miss it and have to do it all over again.
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #148
kiwidude

No you cannot re-sort by title in that dialog. The changing of list order with the buttons would not work if I allowed that.

If you want to view by title, then just choose the View List option in the menu. This will put the books in your library view. Initially they will be sorted by the same order as the edit dialog (i.e. your list sequence) but you can click on the title column to see them in a different order.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #149
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
I get that, but, if I'm looking for a book in order to move it up (or down) in the reading list order, then this doesn't help me.

If I have a list of 500 books, and, I want to move book "XYZ" up to number 1 (for whatever reason), there is no easy way of going about finding where that book ranks on the list, as of right now. Finding whether it's in the list at all is easy, but, finding WHERE it ranks is not, without going one by one by one by one, and, depending on the size of the list, it can be a pain int he butt. Let me know if you understand what I mean with this, and if it's something that can be added.

Maybe a custom column integer with the ranking would work?
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:13 AM   #150
Stampercam
Connoisseur

So, with the itunes changes I now need to change how I do things. Can I use my sync lists with the content server somehow? I've not really used the content server much, was waiting until I had my db exactly right (probably never happen at this rate) so some advice would be great.