Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #46
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I ordered mine on the 16th, the charge was posted to my credit card on the 19th.

I contacted Kobo asking for the order status yesterday, and was told the order was "in progress," and when I asked specifically if it was shipped, I was told it was not.

Today I received a shipment email at about noon. I clicked on the tracking number, and it said delivered. I looked outside, and sure enough the box was sitting outside my front door.
Sure hope I get that lucky!!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #47
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
I was hoping the same, but alas, no Aura HD on my doorstep! Can't wait to see it.
No package on my doorstep today.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #48
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Boy isn't that the truth! I've been totally spoiled by Amazon's stellar CS. When I talked to the Kobo rep on Sunday I asked about their return policy - I was told that you can only return it if it's faulty/broken! So not product satisfaction guarentee???
Unless something's changed (which is possible) I had no problem returning the Vox I bought because I didn't like it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #49
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
and since there's a year warranty when broken....really can't imagine that the 30 day policy is anything other than the regular, i don't like it i'm returning it. And since you are ordering online, I believe i read somewhere or other that the min. requirement in canada is 30 days...that's why futureshop and the like have 14 day with in store purchases, but still have 30 days from delivery for online purchases. Maybe someone knows what sorts of purchases this covers...as obviously it isn't a blanket law on all canadian online purchases...
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #50
evanft
Zealot
evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
I ordered on the 20th and have not received a shipping notice. I have been charged.
evanft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #51
bossfan2000
Connoisseur
bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bossfan2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iPhone 6+, Kindle Voyage
I ordered on the 19th, got a confirmation email with an order # (but just 1 email), and noticed the pending charge on my credit card. The pending charge was still there Monday, but its gone now, and has not reappeared with a "real' charge. I'm guessing my order is now lost like some of the others, but who knows. Seems like there is no point in calling customer service, since their answers to the Aura orders only seem to be right about 50% of the time. I guess I'll just wait and see if an Aura shows up. If not, I just do without.
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #52
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
This is getting ridiculous.
I checked my credit card on-line statement today. KOBO credited back the charge. Credit card company said KOBO did it, credit card company has nothing to do with it. (Sometimes credit card companies are more cautious about a foreign purchase, but not this case, not usually about Canada purchase.)
I called KOBO. There was no record of my order. I asked KOBO, should I order another one? No, they will find out for me.
Guess what, I received a new email invoice: amonut $0, no item in the invoice.
This is ridiculous.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #53
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I talked to CS today (still not shipped) and was told that the time frame from ordering is 5-15 days. I ordered on the 16th, and confirmed that I might receive shipment notification as late as May the 1st. I was assured that due to the date that my order was placed, I should receive it soon though. I asked CS what does it mean that the order was still being processed? Turns out that boxing and shipping is just taking that long, that is simply all there is too it. It looks like I'll just have to be patient.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #54
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I guess Kobo should have done like they did originally with the Glo and not try to sell the Aura themselves through their website. For quite a while they stopped selling readers directly and only recently started doing so again. Obviously they aren't much good at selling physical goods.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #55
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
This is getting ridiculous.
I checked my credit card on-line statement today. KOBO credited back the charge. Credit card company said KOBO did it, credit card company has nothing to do with it. (Sometimes credit card companies are more cautious about a foreign purchase, but not this case, not usually about Canada purchase.)
I called KOBO. There was no record of my order. I asked KOBO, should I order another one? No, they will find out for me.
Guess what, I received a new email invoice: amonut $0, no item in the invoice.
This is ridiculous.
This is very similar to my experience -- except I was forced to hold for nearly half an hour while they "checked." I was charged on the 17th and again after several phone calls. One pending charge was removed and another credited/removed by Kobo. My invoice indicated $0 as well.

I have requested a cancellation of my order and they cannot even accomplish that. A c.s. rep informed me she would "forward my request to another level." Kobo is completely inept and I want nothing further to do with them.

Last edited by Skydog; 04-24-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #56
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Selina4books - you've been holding out on us!! We need details!!!
You're right, sorry, I was reading!

First boot, it updated to 2.5.0, same as the Glo. But today it updated to 2.5.1, and I haven't had my Glo open today to see if it also updates to the new version. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what the update did because the release notes are still for 2.5. I can tell you what it didn't...the bold/italic glitch is still there on some fonts, like Kobo Nickel.

First impressions: beautiful device, nice to hold, but I wish they'd have gone a little Nookish and had the surface less slick. It could use some of that non-slip coating a Nook Simple Touch and Glow have, especially considering a case is darned near impossible to get for the Aura. I ordered my case a couple days ago, but credit card still says pending, and no shipping notice.

The screen: in a word, gorgeous! Crisp, bright, beautiful. Lighting is such you don't even realize it's lit per se...it's just even and clear and highly readable.

Screen size: I love it! It looks more "book sized". I've read two full books on it since it came (I told you I'd been reading! That's all I want to do!) and am reading a third, and when I picked up my paperwhite to read a library book, the screen on it seemed small, so it didn't take long to get used to the larger screen on the Aura. I've not tried reading any of the several Dr. Who comic books I have on it because frankly, even on my iPad Mini, I find those difficult to see and read them on my full-size iPad in the Kobo app. I have eye issues so if you're young with youthful eyes, this may not be an issue for you.

Device weight: yes, it's a bit heavier than my Kobo Glo or Kindle, but not annoyingly so. But I also read on an iPad Mini so maybe I have a little more forgiveness in the weight area than readers who strictly read on e-ink devices.

The light: lighting is very even, not shadowed. love it! I wish changing the light level was easier...you have to go to settings then click the light icon to open the slider. I think a menu item or the way it works on the Glo makes more sense than digging for the setting. I'm running it at about 60% in the daylight and 40% reading in the dark, but of course, your mileage may vary.

Fonts: They still haven't fixed the italic/bold glitch some fonts like Kobo Nickel have. But I was able to easily add several of my own favorite fonts by adding a fonts folder to the Kobo and dragging them in there. I added both open type and true type with no problems, but both open type, Adobe Caslon and Adobe Garamond Pro, have the italic/bold issue even though bold and italic versions are on the Aura. Maybe all added fonts are affected?

All in all, I think this is a great reader and I know I fall into the heavy reader niche they were aiming for, but I think anyone would enjoy reading on this device and I hope they decide to make more of them. On the other hand, if they offered a lit Kobo Mini I'd be right in line because I do love tossing my Kobo Mini in my purse when I'm going somewhere I might read a bit. For extended reading though I really like the bigger screen.

Very, very happy with my purchase!
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #57
Janet54
Connoisseur
Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Janet54 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Voyage, Fire HDX, Fire Phone, Galaxy Note 8,10.9
This is my first time ordering from Kobo, Do they use USPS, Fedex or UPS for shipping here in the US.
Janet54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #58
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post

I have requested a cancellation of my order and they cannot even accomplish that. A c.s. rep informed me she would "forward my request to another level." Kobo is completely inept and I want nothing further to do with them.
If your order has not shipped, surely you should be able to cancel your order online. I ordered mine online from WHSmith UK and up until I received an email from them today at 4.30pm to say that my device was shipped, I had the option to cancel my order when I checked my account online with them.
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #59
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet54 View Post
This is my first time ordering from Kobo, Do they use USPS, Fedex or UPS for shipping here in the US.
Mine was delivered by USPS, shipped via Canada Post.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #60
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet54 View Post
Mine started with Canada Post and when it got to the US the USPS took over.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote