Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-31-2014, 12:39 AM   #796
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Besides, I have a doctor's appointment and lab work in just over nine hours, followed by surgery the next day and most likely a couple of weeks' worth of heavy drugs. Trust me, you do not want me adding new features right now.
I don't know, you might come up with some interesting ideas

Good luck with the surgery.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:03 AM   #797
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Besides, I have a doctor's appointment and lab work in just over nine hours, followed by surgery the next day and most likely a couple of weeks' worth of heavy drugs. Trust me, you do not want me adding new features right now.
I hope your surgery goes well.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2014, 11:27 PM   #798
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Maybe someone else will elect to tackle that in a future release, but there's no way I could possibly even think about it for this one. Pre-release lockdown is not the time to add new features, but to eliminate bugs...and people have already been waiting long enough for this update.

Good Luck with your surgery hope it went well. I was just putting out my request not in any hurry just thought I should put it out there so if you or Kiwidude are ever in the mood. I have noticed that I just usually have to ask for something on the forum and most of the time someone comes and implements sooner or later.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:39 AM   #799
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Okay, the time for bug reports and comments has officially run out; I'm getting ready to shut the computer down and get some sleep before cuttin' time happens. The code is now locked; the attached version is what I'm sending to kiwidude for ratification as an official update. (It shouldn't be any different from the last beta, but this way it's unambiguous.)

EDIT, 8/13: When I posted this, I hadn't realized that v1.13.10 had been released a couple of days earlier. The only change that I can quickly identify is that 1.13.10 adds qt5 compatibility, looking forward to Calibre 2.0. That means that the 8/1 code's version number needs to be updated to 1.13.11, which I've now done. I've also added v1.13.10 to the changelog and, since I was in there anyway, tinkered with unpretty a little bit to improve its results in certain uncommon cases (tables, primarily). The 8/1 version was fine, but this one's a shade better.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Modify ePub - gold.zip (66.6 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by Rev. Bob; 08-13-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #800
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Incremental update:

I hadn't heard from kiwidude since releasing the locked "gold" code to him a couple of weeks ago, so I checked the first post to see if he'd released it. Only then did I discover that a 1.3.10 update (which this was intended to be) had been released, but that it was apparently a "make it work with qt5" update.

If the current version is 1.3.10, then the new version must be 1.3.11, and that meant I had to go in and make that change to the theoretically-locked code. I've just done that, replacing the prior gold version in the above post.

Since I had to unlock the code to make that change, I also made some other small adjustments, mainly to improve unpretty but also adding BIG and SMALL to the list of elements that the two "strip" routines will remove if they lack both content and attributes. (In other words, the 8/1 code would remove <b/> but not <small/>; today's code will remove both.)

This does not mean that I'm reopening the code or "taking it back" to do more work on it. Think of it as mailing someone a gift, realizing that you really should've enclosed a card, and doing so at the mailbox.
Advert
Old 08-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #801
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Incremental update:

I hadn't heard from kiwidude since releasing the locked "gold" code to him a couple of weeks ago, so I checked the first post to see if he'd released it. Only then did I discover that a 1.3.10 update (which this was intended to be) had been released, but that it was apparently a "make it work with qt5" update.

If the current version is 1.3.10, then the new version must be 1.3.11, and that meant I had to go in and make that change to the theoretically-locked code. I've just done that, replacing the prior gold version in the above post.

Since I had to unlock the code to make that change, I also made some other small adjustments, mainly to improve unpretty but also adding BIG and SMALL to the list of elements that the two "strip" routines will remove if they lack both content and attributes. (In other words, the 8/1 code would remove <b/> but not <small/>; today's code will remove both.)

This does not mean that I'm reopening the code or "taking it back" to do more work on it. Think of it as mailing someone a gift, realizing that you really should've enclosed a card, and doing so at the mailbox.
What gets removed and in what instances? Thanks.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-13-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #802
Rev. Bob
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What gets removed and in what instances? Thanks.
Well, let's see:

Quote:
I [...] also add[ed] BIG and SMALL to the list of elements that the two "strip" routines will remove if they lack both content and attributes. (In other words, the 8/1 code would remove <b/> but not <small/>; today's code will remove both.)
"What gets removed" - from memory, the element list is A, B, I, U, EM, SPAN, STRONG, and now BIG and SMALL.

"In what instances" - if they lack both content and attributes, just as the example shows and just as the code did before. The only change I made was to add BIG and SMALL to that list...exactly as I said above.

<b>blah</b> - not affected (has content).
<b class="blah"/> - not affected (has attribute).
<b class="foo">bar</b> - not affected (has both).
<b/> - removed.
<b></b> - turned into <b/> and then removed.

It's that simple.

None of the listed elements have any effect on the document if they have neither content nor attributes, so stripspans and stripkobo remove them as being bloated, useless code. While it is true that some ebook formatters may choose to style those elements in such a way that their absence will affect the book's display, the same is true of <span> with no attributes; it's possible but unwise. (And that's why you should always keep a backup before applying a plugin, anyway.)
Old 08-13-2014, 09:01 PM   #803
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Well, let's see:

"What gets removed" - from memory, the element list is A, B, I, U, EM, SPAN, STRONG, and now BIG and SMALL.
What about something like <a page="10"/> or <a page="10"></a>? do those get removed? Sometimes they are used for a page-map or when links in another XML wants to refer back to a specific place.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:16 PM   #804
Rev. Bob
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What about something like <a page="10"/> or <a page="10"></a>? do those get removed?
In that example, page="10" is an attribute. With that knowledge in mind, reread my last response for your answer.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:59 AM   #805
Rev. Bob
Wizard

And 1.3.11 appears to be live.

"Free at last, free at last..."
Old 08-14-2014, 05:02 PM   #806
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:

"Free at last, free at last..."
Well done! I just downloaded it via Calibre.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:01 AM   #807
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Thanks.

In its "Help", under "Smarten punctuation" the "How to detect" column is blank; however that is detected by the Quality Check plugin option "Check smarten punctuation". And of course it's pretty obvious visually, though many seem oblivious to the typographic vulgarity of using straight quotes in a book.

Last edited by AlanHK; 08-20-2014 at 10:14 AM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #808
Rev. Bob
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
In its "Help", under "Smarten punctuation" the "How to detect" column is blank;
That's not something I touched; it's carried over directly from 1.13.9.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:31 AM   #809
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Html files go missing ...

Using version 1.3.11
I don't know if that was happening before also.

I use 'Modify ePub' plugin as the last step in a series of things I do when I'm preparing an epub for reading.
The settings are in the snapshot.

When there is any file (html, jpeg ...) inside the epub, with a space in its filename, the plugin will remove it.
Any ideas for avoiding this?

TIA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Modify ePub1.png
Views:	240
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	128128  
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:08 AM   #810
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
Using version 1.3.11
I don't know if that was happening before also.

I use 'Modify ePub' plugin as the last step in a series of things I do when I'm preparing an epub for reading.
The settings are in the snapshot.

When there is any file (html, jpeg ...) inside the epub, with a space in its filename, the plugin will remove it.
Any ideas for avoiding this?

TIA
If I try to change the name of a file in an EPUB, from within the calibre book editor, such that it has spaces I get the warning you see in the attachment.

From this I deduce that its 'bad form' to have files with spaces in the name in an EPUB. But that said it would be better if Modify either bailed out, or left the file with the dubious name and issued a warning. Seems a tad harsh to just delete the file.

I wonder if the Quality Check PI can help detect and prevent this situation. Can't see anything, maybe someone knows better. Could be an enhancement to QC.

There are other EPUB Checkers around, maybe one of them can detect and maybe correct - anyone?

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	128136  

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-10-2014 at 07:13 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modify epub