Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #1
Mellobob
Connoisseur
Mellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Set Timezone to UTC-7

I'd like to set my Kobo timezone to UTC-7. We live in a small area in British Columbia which doesn't use daylight time ... so half the year we are on Mountain time, the other half on Pacific. Which means I have to reset my Kobos each fall and spring.

Unfortunately the software only permits selection of a "nearby city" and doesn't appear to permit manual entry of UTC-7, etc. Am I missing a way to do this?

Thanks.
Mellobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does selecting Peace River, Alberta help?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Can you choose Phoenix, AZ as a "nearby city"? Even though not nearby, Phoenix is in the Mountain time zone, and does not observe daylight savings time--so that might work for you.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
From checking with Kobo you'll just have to find a city in your preferred timezone and use it; no way to manuall enter a time zone
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:07 PM   #5
Mellobob
Connoisseur
Mellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blueMellobob can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Can you choose Phoenix, AZ as a "nearby city"? Even though not nearby, Phoenix is in the Mountain time zone, and does not observe daylight savings time--so that might work for you.
Yes! That should work just fine. Checked and it's on the "correct" time right now.

Oh, Peace River will not work since they observe daylight time. On my computers I use Dawson Creek ... but I can't find that on the kobo.

I'll be happy living in Phoenix
Advert
Old 11-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #6
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellobob View Post
I'll be happy living in Phoenix
Damn Snowbirds!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:21 PM   #7
Mellobob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Damn Snowbirds!

Well, it's only a virtual "living". So ... just a virtual "damn" as well