Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
Wiggles
Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Wiggles 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo
$2 Metal case

Hi everyone,

I wanted a cheap protective case for my Kobo and was inspired by the dvd case idea (also, Smiggle sold out of those pencil cases). I was too lazy to cut all the plastic lumps out of a regular case (and wanted a bit more protection too).

Keeping with the dvd theme, I picked up this metal DVD tin from ebay for a few dollars (with no dvd in it).

Some thin 5mm packing foam on the base and a couple of thin strips around the edge.

And the Kobo snuggles in perfectly.

I haven't decided yet if i'll add foam to the lid. It doesn't move once the lid is closed, so i usually put it in face down. I'm worried that more foam might make it more likely to spring open.

It protects really well, and was cheaper than even the crappy universal cases on ebay. I'd like to add a backup fastener to make sure it stays closed if it's dropped, but havent figured out an elegant solution yet.
It's not all that good for reading while it's in there (especially when it's face down ). But i like a naked Kobo when i'm reading
Wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Good find, looks great
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Sweet job!

Thanks for sharing!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote