Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
clowe1028
clowe1028 began at the beginning.

Device: Stanza
Several xhtml/html to a single epub file help.

I have done some searching within my Ipod Touch and it seems I have located the storage of epubs that I have downloaded from Stanza. After I saw the location, I saw that they were parts only in xhtml format that seems there is a need to compile them.

So I would like to ask if there is a compiler of those xhtml/html files to a single epub where I can edit it, or do I have to do it manually?

P.S. : Have been using Sigil as my ePub editor and definitely helps a lot for me.
clowe1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Seems Stanza is ripping apart the ePub container. So why not download the ePub to your computer before Stanza gets it's grubby paws on the ePub and rips it to shreds?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
An ePub is a zip file that contains xhtml files, usually several, and a few other files, depending on the complexity of the epub. Are you sure your iPod touch just isn't showing the zip file as if it were a folder containing these several files? Is there anything else in there, like a .ncx or .opf file?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:47 AM   #4
clowe1028
clowe1028 began at the beginning.

Device: Stanza
Thanks for the replies, and I just searched here and there inside the Stanza app Folder and found some interesting files without an extension, seems that I did something to it and it became readable with Sigil.
clowe1028 is offline   Reply With Quote