Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 04:05 AM   #226
xuyn2003
Connoisseur
xuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texanxuyn2003 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: PRS-T1&KOBOTOUCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by keung523 View Post
omg, I chose Home as default already..
could I switch to ADWLauncher then?
If you rooted your T1 with a recent root flash package, you can.
Just tap the top bar, you will find the way.
xuyn2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #227
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinsoponsub View Post
I want to copy my droid font to System/Font becuase, epub file cant display my local languese. But can't open System/Font folder to put file.

Please advise. Thank you.
According to this post, there are several Droid fonts already contained in your T1 (in /system/fonts). They are:

DroidSans-Bold.ttf (=> HelveticaNeueLTW1G-Bd)
DroidSans.ttf (=> HelveticaNeueLTW1G-Roman)
DroidSansArabic.ttf
DroidSansFallback.ttf
DroidSansHebrew.ttf
DroidSansMono.ttf
DroidSansThai.ttf
DroidSerif-Bold.ttf
DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf
DroidSerif-Italic.ttf
DroidSerif-Regular.ttf

You can access these fonts by adding appropriate @font-face statements into each epub. e.g.
Code:
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;  src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/DroidSerif-Regular.ttf)}
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic;  src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/DroidSerif-Italic.ttf);}
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal;  src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/DroidSerif-Bold.ttf);}
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;  src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf);}
or, another example, the following works for those who want to read in Chinese (and probably other languages):
Code:
@font-face {font-family: serif, sans-serif, monospace; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal;  src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf)}
You could experiment to see which Droid fonts work with your chosen language. You would need to use the T1's default epub reader and set the Font type to 'Original'.

Your T1 does not need to be rooted to try this.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #228
Gustav Gans
Enthusiast
Gustav Gans began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
With a rooted Reader, is it possible to download and extract ZIP and RAR files? Maybe even 7-ZIP files?
Gustav Gans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #229
live666
live666 began at the beginning.

Hi guys. I'm new here. I modified the aldiko apk file to install it in the internal storage rather than external storage. I am now able to install aldiko through the Root Explorer. I attached the modified apk installer for aldiko. Oh, you need to rename the extension to .apk. I named it .avi just to make things easier for me to attach the file. Just inform me if you have any problem with the installer.

edit: the aldiko version that I modified: 2.02

-live666-
Attached Files
File Type: avi aldiko202-modified.avi (5.78 MB, 1061 views)

Last edited by live666; 12-15-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: updated file to 2.02
live666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #230
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another potential cross platform way to apply firmware updates discovered by mobile read user? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=329
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #231
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinsoponsub View Post
I want to copy my droid font to System/Font becuase, epub file cant display my local languese. But can't open System/Font folder to put file.

Please advise. Thank you.
Two of the PRS-T1 fonts contains large charsets: DroidSansFallback.ttf (but I don't know what charsets because it failed to open under Window 7, only that it's big and that according to ttsddu, it includes chinese) and SWNMTeb.ttc (contains Greek, Cyrillic, Japanese Hiragana/katakana, CJK ideograms, at least 62*200=12400 counted in Character Table, +symbols/punctuation and ideographic symbols).

Last edited by seabee; 12-15-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: missed post on previous page
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #232
Tomana
Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: treo 650
Is it possible to install the latest Kindle App onto T1 (which is 9.xxmb) I tried to install it with APK yet it said low in storage space so can't be installed
Tomana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #233
live666
live666 began at the beginning.

@Tomana: Yes, it is possible to install Kindle App onto T1 (I installed it a couple of days ago from amazon, Version 3.2.0.35). You just need to uninstall some apps to free up some space for the kindle app.

edit: just found out that I'm not running the latest app. I'll inform it back once I got it installed.

update: yup, it works on T1. You will be needing around 18-19MB of free space in the internal memory to install the latest version. You will have around 6MB left once the app is installed...... :-| I might be going back to the old version..

Last edited by live666; 12-16-2011 at 02:07 AM. Reason: installed the latest kindle app....
live666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #234
Naeddyr
Naeddyr began at the beginning.

Hello,

it's Christmas day, and I've rooted my new PRS-T1, and I would just like to thank porkupan and these forums. I rooted it because I wanted a comic (b&w manga) reading app, and I've installed Perfect View and everything seems hunky dory. I previously updated the firmware to 1.something3something (the latest) in XP, but I did the rooting using Linux. This is now my first Android device, and beside reading manga, I have no idea what to do with the rooted part.

Happy Holidays to all who care about that sort of thing (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Naeddyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #235
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by live666 View Post
update: yup, it works on T1. You will be needing around 18-19MB of free space in the internal memory to install the latest version. You will have around 6MB left once the app is installed...... :-| I might be going back to the old version..
Which apps did you safely disable?
I started with the minimal root zeam package and disabled the alternate keyboard, ebookdroid, Dropbox, and Colordict to get the latest Kindle app to install.

The latest Kindle version is 3.3.x. The apk is 9MB.
To get the app, I installed the Amazon app store, downloaded the Kindle app, went to the android\data\venezia folder where the appstore drops its apks and renamed it and moved it to downloads. I repeated the process to get the Audible app. Then I uninstalled the appstore.

It installs and runs, then, but I don't think it's worth it.
You get more 2 more font sizes, three line-spacing settings, and three margin settings. The home page shows three recently-opened books and a Nook-like ad strip below. The test book I opened was noticeably slower paging--not sure if because of the limited memory left over or if it is inherently slower.

I went back to Kindle 3.01 with an Apk of under 5MB.
With that one installed, I still had enough space for Nook 2.6.2 or Audible but not both.
(Update: switched to the older and somewhat smaller Nook 2.5. Still can't add much else.)
Would be nice to squeeze'em both in.

Hence my interest in seeing what else can be safely disabled.
Suggestions?

Last edited by fjtorres; 12-27-2011 at 07:46 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:47 AM   #236
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

I rooted my T1 with the minimal-set. Now I want to have the package with zeam.
How can this be done most easily?
I also want to add this to the wiki-page https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ing_and_Tweaks
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:33 AM   #237
Bidibulle
Enthusiast
Bidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara Hd
Hi,
Just a naive question (sorry)
I'd like to know if it would be possible to use a rooted PRS-T1 as a weather forecast station (like a lacrosse weather station, i.e)

On my android phone, I use Tasker to switch on and off the wifi network at choosen moment (every 3 hours, during 2 minutes) and the HTC Sense weather applet is updating the weather datas automatically.

So my question is: can I do the same thing with a rooted PRS-T1 ebook : use Tasker, use an applet weather that would display itself on the whole screen (as a bonus if the weather applet could be used as the screensaver, it would be perfect )

Thanks for answering or forwarding my idea to developpers that would be interested in it

Last edited by Bidibulle; 12-27-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Bidibulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:36 AM   #238
happyboy
Enthusiast
happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Nokia N900, Sony PRS-T1
Is it possible to choose software keyboard-layouts with this installation, to others than those that are supplied with the original T1 firmware? (I'd find a swedish keyboard useful for taking notes, but not at all necessary though, just a thought).
happyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #239
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
I rooted my T1 with the minimal-set. Now I want to have the package with zeam.
How can this be done most easily?
I also want to add this to the wiki-page https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ing_and_Tweaks
If you unzip the Zeam-installing package and go to the:
sdcard\updates\data\apps folder you'll find the Zeam apk.
Try installing it on top of what you have.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #240
Gustav Gans
Enthusiast
Gustav Gans began at the beginning.

Why does the root package contain the old Zeam Launcher 2.8.8 and not the latest version 3.1.9? Is it safe to update?
Gustav Gans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony