Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Tried to Flashback to Factory Settings, now its stuck on the Boot screen

Greetings,

I was trying to unroot my nook by flashing back to factory settings via the 8 reboot method and now I am stuck on the custom Nook color boot animation from nookdevs. I got to the installing software screen and the install apparently completed (the meter filled up completely) and when the nook rebooted it went to the nookdev bootup animation which is playing in a continuouss loop. I attempted the 8 interrupted boots method again, installed the software again, and was left with the same result. Any ideas?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
There's some good stuff here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114387

Particularly towards the end of the thread where people give some specifics on what helped them.

You'll have to disregard some of the "off topic" stuff.

Here's something for boot loops:

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Fix_Boot_Loops
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Here's something for boot loops:

http://nookdevs.com/NookColor_Fix_Boot_Loops
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Thanks. I just needed to do the hardware erase. Maybe some of the software was trying to operate but was shunted into a loop because the root access had been denied. Or something like that. Odd, though, given that the instructions on the nookdev site say to do the 8 boot reset first. Anyway, I'm golden.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
I actually had this problem but realized I had left my SD card in with the root image on it. DOH!
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2011, 12:58 AM   #6
Muggle721
Muggle721 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
luqmaninbmore I am having the same problem, how did u erase the software?
Muggle721 is offline   Reply With Quote