Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #16
hungryghosts
hungryghosts began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
EPUB is a ZIP file (with specific assembly instructions)......
Hi ducks,

I thought I should do a followup post to say thank you for your help.

That one piece of info you gave me that my epub is in fact a zip folder turned out to be the key to fixing all the code problems.

I was able to load all the 15 section files in to Textpad at one time and delete all the recurring bad code in every xhtml file at the same time, which tremendously sped things up, and then go through each one to get rid of all the rest of the bad code too, then put it all back together as a new zip folder, and I can now carry on using Sigil to finish my ebook.

Oddly enough Digital Editions does not read it, and I read somewhere else that it's probably because the mimetype file is not the first file in the new zip.

But, I found other viewers, as well as Sigil thank g-o-d, that read it perfectly.

Anyways, thank you very much for that information.

hungryghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You are welcome

DE is fussy. If you make an error in the stylesheet, DE will ignore that style completely (sometimes a bear to track down)
Look for 'Tweak EPUB' (also Built into Calibre, which is where I start from),. It put the files into the (Zip) EPUB in proper order
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryghosts View Post
Hi ducks,

Oddly enough Digital Editions does not read it, and I read somewhere else that it's probably because the mimetype file is not the first file in the new zip.

But, I found other viewers, as well as Sigil thank g-o-d, that read it perfectly.

Anyways, thank you very much for that information.

Saving the file in Sigil will fix the mimetype file problem. Try it again in ADE after the save.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You are welcome

DE is fussy. If you make an error in the stylesheet, DE will ignore that style completely (sometimes a bear to track down)
Look for 'Tweak EPUB' (also Built into Calibre, which is where I start from),. It put the files into the (Zip) EPUB in proper order
To fix stylesheet errors run the CSS validator from W3C.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote