Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #36391
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Well ... I'm sitting on a heating pad .... multiple heating pads .... why you ask? Well, I was carrying the groceries up the back stairs when multiple bags suddenly burst, dumping 2 liter bottles of soda on the stairs and on my feet ... causing me to lose balance and almost plummet to the driveway (our back stairs are 15 steps) ... because my hands were full and not on the railing .... but I managed somehow to twist/contort/whatever to hold myself on the step ... and as a result sprained/strained/pulled most of the muscles in my back and neck, as well as my quads. At the time it seemed a better choice than plunging head first down the steps onto the concrete driveway. Now I'm not so sure ..... sigh .... When I can move again I'm planning to return to the store and tie plastic bags over the *#)@_!#($ lazy bagger that didn't double bag the soda bottles.

Sigh ... back to the heating pads now.
Sorry to hear about your pain. I hope you get some relief quickly. And for the future...

... drink tea. It's sooo much lighter.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #36392
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Well ... I'm sitting on a heating pad .... multiple heating pads .... why you ask? Well, I was carrying the groceries up the back stairs when multiple bags suddenly burst, dumping 2 liter bottles of soda on the stairs and on my feet ... causing me to lose balance and almost plummet to the driveway (our back stairs are 15 steps) ... because my hands were full and not on the railing .... but I managed somehow to twist/contort/whatever to hold myself on the step ... and as a result sprained/strained/pulled most of the muscles in my back and neck, as well as my quads. At the time it seemed a better choice than plunging head first down the steps onto the concrete driveway. Now I'm not so sure ..... sigh .... When I can move again I'm planning to return to the store and tie plastic bags over the *#)@_!#($ lazy bagger that didn't double bag the soda bottles.

Feel better
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #36393
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
pooh - I am so glad you didn't end up on the driveway and hope you feel better soon.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:46 AM   #36394
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Downloading the public domain audiobook for Aristotle's Politics. I rarely listen to audiobooks, but it's just taking too long to read through. I have to write a Thought Project on Aristotle's notions of human nature for my PoliSci class.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #36395
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:

Ouch! I hope you're feeling better today, and I also hope that bagger reads that rant.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #36396
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Downloading and processing some photos we shot today as we were walking along the moat around the Old City. They've recently repainted several of them, and with the strange lighting of the overcast day, the contrasts were really vivid!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 09-15-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #36397
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:

I just read what happened to you yesterday. So sorry you've been hurt, pooh. Remember to always use the handrail. You're not really Super Chicken, you know.

How are you feeling today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Downloading and processing some photos we shot today as we were walking along the moat around the Old City. They've recently repainted several of them, and with the strange lighting of the overcast day, the contrasts were really vivid!

Stitchawl
What a lovely photo. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing it.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #36398
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:

It's amazing how often our time-saving actions (in this case, carrying multiple bags leaving no hands free for the railing) can cause a lot more hassle and inconvenience in the long run. Like carrying too many plates and glasses from the living room to the kitchen, and dropping half of them (yes, it's happened to me) resulting in additional time wasted clearing up, and the liberal application of plasters (band-aids) thereafter to the cuts from the glass shards.

Hope your back and attendant pains get better soon. As @dreams said, it's got to be better than actually taking the fall.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #36399
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Beautiful photo Stitchawl. Thanks for sharing with us.

pooh, I hope that you are doing better today.

Quietly enjoying my coffee as I nurse a slight headache that has just enough pounding to make moving and doing anything uncomfortable.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #36400
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Hope the headache goes away soon
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #36401
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
It's amazing how often our time-saving actions (in this case, carrying multiple bags leaving no hands free for the railing) can cause a lot more hassle and inconvenience in the long run. Like carrying too many plates and glasses from the living room to the kitchen, and dropping half of them (yes, it's happened to me) resulting in additional time wasted clearing up, and the liberal application of plasters (band-aids) thereafter to the cuts from the glass shards.

Hope your back and attendant pains get better soon. As @dreams said, it's got to be better than actually taking the fall.
My typing teacher in high school called that the "teenage paradox". Putting so much effort into trying to reduce the amount of effort you have to put in.

Anyway, I also hope you're feeling better Poohbear.
Old 09-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #36402
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:

Ouch!
As someone who has fallen down the stairs several times I feel for you. I hope the heating pads do their work and you're feeling better soon!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #36403
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts - my back is much better today - I fairly roasted it [insert chicken joke here] yesterday to make sure I didn't seize up overnight. My right quad muscle is still very painful - I think I must have rotated on my right planted leg when I was flailing for my balance - so I've been doing yoga stretches and talking slow walks to loosen it up. Warm cat bodies on my lap do help out too.

Sigh .... yes - I'm one of those who would rather try to carry as many plastic grocery bags as I can hang off both hands in one trip -- rather than make multiple trips up & down those steps. Time to rethink that strategy ....

[getting old sucks!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #36404
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts - my back is much better today - I fairly roasted it [insert chicken joke here] yesterday to make sure I didn't seize up overnight. My right quad muscle is still very painful - I think I must have rotated on my right planted leg when I was flailing for my balance - so I've been doing yoga stretches and talking slow walks to loosen it up. Warm cat bodies on my lap do help out too.

Sigh .... yes - I'm one of those who would rather try to carry as many plastic grocery bags as I can hang off both hands in one trip -- rather than make multiple trips up & down those steps. Time to rethink that strategy ....

[getting old sucks!]
Move to West Hollywood. You won't have to deal with another plastic bag again!

(On account of them being banned throughout the city)
Old 09-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #36405
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:

Quote:

[getting old sucks!]
mmmmMMMMmmmm tenderized slow roasted chicken!

*ducks and runs*

more pictures Stitchy!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?