Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
Bas
Enthusiast
Bas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
How to create black hyperlink font colour?

In my epub I'v created a lot of hyperlinks to web sites plus contents links to various sections and would like to make the fonts black rather than the light blue they appear. I can't see any reference to colours in any of the sections? Wonder if anyone can help?
Bas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
You have to use CSS to change the color of text and links.

Here's a good site with pointers on how to do that.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
Keroberos
Zealot
Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini (4GB), Nook Classic wi-fi, iPod Touch (Bluefire Reader)
Change the Color of Text

You can add this line to your css,

Code:
a {color: #000000; }
This will make all links in the book black.

+1 for the w3 school, been a very helpfull resource for me. Just remember that not everything there will work in epub. The current epub spec only uses css version 2, whereas css is up to version 3.

Last edited by Keroberos; 01-30-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Added comment about w3 school.
Keroberos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
Bas
Enthusiast
Bas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Bas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Many thanks all - will fiddle
Bas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
a { color: inherit; } should make links the same colour as the surrounding text (or parent element), whatever that is.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #6
EmriPamundur
EmriPamundur began at the beginning.

I have tried this:

a:link { color: #006600;}
a:hover { color: #666600;}
a:visited { color: #996633;}

but the links still show up as bright blue.

I tried

a { color: #006600;}

which equally had no effect.

Any ideas?
EmriPamundur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmriPamundur View Post
I have tried this:

a:link { color: #006600;}
a:hover { color: #666600;}
a:visited { color: #996633;}

but the links still show up as bright blue.

I tried

Any ideas?
None of this is supported on ePub books. This is browser stuff.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:10 AM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I tried

Where? I mean, which reader did you try that shows blue links?
Old 07-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
EmriPamundur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
None of this is supported on ePub books. This is browser stuff.
Dale, so you're saying all the above answers are not valid for changing the color of a link in an epub file, OP's original question?
Old 07-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
EmriPamundur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Where? I mean, which reader did you try that shows blue links?
I was seeing them in Sigil. On Apple Reader and Kindle Fire they are a much more agreeable shade of blue.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
I was seeing them in Sigil. On Apple Reader and Kindle Fire they are a much more agreeable shade of blue.
One thing to keep in mind is that there is absolutely nothing that you can do in the coding of an ePub that forces the reader software to display anything in a particular color or shade of grey.

At the very most, your coding instructions are merely a polite request that such be done. Many reading apps will comply with such requests, provided they are coded properly, but some apps will ignore them.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #12
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Do the links have some class attached? Are there any other "color" instances in the CSS?
Old 07-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bas View Post
In my epub I'v created a lot of hyperlinks to web sites plus contents links to various sections and would like to make the fonts black rather than the light blue they appear. I can't see any reference to colours in any of the sections? Wonder if anyone can help?
Um...I'd like to gently remind the poster that many, many readers offer "night mode," which switches the font to white on a black background. If you set the font-color to black, it will not switch, and will be invisible. Need to strongly recommend against this idea.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:07 AM   #14
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
I've always felt that color: inherit gives better results if you insist on non-blue links. Although, then the underline is the only clue for the user.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #15
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyGrumpy View Post
I've always felt that color: inherit gives better results if you insist on non-blue links. Although, then the underline is the only clue for the user.
I agree...except that I usually get rid of the underline too! Lol

I figure the "www" and the ".org/com" is a pretty big clue for today's savvy readers. Plus, I don't want to rub the noses of those users of older devices in the fact that there is a link in their ePub that they can't use!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote