Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
Radium
The Alchemist
Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
How can I install a new firmware?

When I try to setup my device with Kobo desktop, it downloads the 2.5.0 firmware, which results in a hanging device after I send books to the device.

The shop clerk installed 3.3.1 for me, and it worked fine.
Until I "played" with the device too much, which resulted in a hang.
And I had to factory reset it.
How can I install 3.3.1 again?

I downloaded the firmware from direct link posted in here.

How can I install the downloaded firmware 3.3.1 on Aura HD?
Radium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium View Post
When I try to setup my device with Kobo desktop, it downloads the 2.5.0 firmware, which results in a hanging device after I send books to the device.

The shop clerk installed 3.3.1 for me, and it worked fine.
Until I "played" with the device too much, which resulted in a hang.
And I had to factory reset it.
How can I install 3.3.1 again?

I downloaded the firmware from direct link posted in here.

Call the shop and ask how the clerk did the install for you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #3
Radium
The Alchemist
Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.Radium has met Morla.

The shop clerk is tired of me, and doesn't answer me anymore.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium View Post
By reading more of that thread than just post #1 . In post #3 are the installation instructions.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #5
Radium
The Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
By reading more of that thread than just post #1 . In post #3 are the installation instructions.
Done!

Once disconnected, a black "Updating" screen appeared.
After about 30 seconds the screen turned all black, what happended??? the device died??

edit: oh it turned on and is still updating
Advert
Old 06-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #6
Radium
The Alchemist

Okay the updating process is done,
But the device still asks me to setup over wifi or with kobo desktop.
What shall I do?
Old 06-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #7
Radium
The Alchemist

Thank you so much!
After "setup" with kobo desktop, my device is up and running like before.