Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Here's something that is making me crazy

I have the Amazon App Store installed and it wants to take over my Android Market Apps.

I have apps from both and the Amazon App Store is constantly telling me there is an update for the apps I did not get from there!

I suppose I could turn it off, but I do (as I said) have apps from both stores (as well as downloaded ones).

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I have the Amazon App Store installed and it wants to take over my Android Market Apps.

I have apps from both and the Amazon App Store is constantly telling me there is an update for the apps I did not get from there!

I suppose I could turn it off, but I do (as I said) have apps from both stores (as well as downloaded ones).

In the words of that immortal philosopher, Toaplan:

All your app are belong to us
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

As long as no one tries to set up us the bomb, we're ok.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Could be worse: they could unninstall apps from the competing store...
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
It irritates the sh*t out of me too. I really wish there was some way to turn off receiving notifications from the Amazon app market the same way you can for virtually every android app you install including the android market.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think it was always like this and it only started happening with the latest update. Right now, I contend myself with going to the settings and force closing it the app. That seems to work.

Who knows? If I get irritated enough with it, I might just go ahead and uninstall the sucker.
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:

For a second there I thought you where going to say the voices in your head.

I've only seen the Market want to update Appstore apps. But then again I tend to keep my Market apps more updated than Amazon apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskarina View Post
I really wish there was some way to turn off receiving notifications from the Amazon app market the same way you can for virtually every android app you install including the android market.
That is actually the thing that is irritating me. At least the Market only updated you when you open up the Market app. I really dislike how the Amazon app constantly reminds you. Even with apps you don't have installed.

I've also experienced a defect (twice) where apps wont successfully update. Every time I open up the amazon app it wants to "upgrade" that app but wont let me.
I don't know the workaround to this. Eventually it goes away.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
You could try Start-up Cleaner, I have it set to prevent a few apps (including the Amazon market) from starting when my NC boots.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #8
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Quote:

Boy do I agree. Just yesterday I inadvertently updated SwiftkeyX from the Amazon site and by the time the query came if I wanted to delete the existing app (Market) it had already deleted the app and all the supporting libraries...which of course I had to re-download. I was furious. To the point of composing a letter but didn't send...too many *@#$* words!

You seem to be saying it is possible to "turn it off"...how? I'd also like to remove apps I have installed, didn't like and uninstalled. Does anyone know if this is possible?
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #9
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What I meant by "turn it off" was to uninstall the Amazon App Store from my Xoom and Droid.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post

I thought that was Steve Jobs!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #11
Wyrmbyte
Wyrmbyte began at the beginning.

Device: Rooted Amazon Fire HD 8, HD 10, Samsung Note 8
Amazon won't change unless people complain. I've sent them several complaints. Some with the *@#$* words left in. Amazon does not read this forum, you have to go to them. If we all did maybe they'd change.

Edit: I was going to add a link to the customer service page. But they personalize it with your email address. You have to sign in and go to it.

Last edited by Wyrmbyte; 12-24-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Wyrmbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I thought that was Steve Jobs!
Nah that was "All you App STORES belong to us"
"We' goin' thermonuclear on that one!"
Old 12-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #13
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Oh, yeah. I'd forgotten about the "new"* area...I think of it as dumped apps. If I want to find an older one I have to go to "all".
They also keep trying to install their new Appstore App ver. 2.1.0, which I, inadvertently again, installed and didn't like. As I recall if was much, much bigger than ver. 1.15.

*from you pre-edit post.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #14
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
o ho ho. Note to self: do not install any stores.
me very new to Android, 5 days.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
Cheeky1
A Happy Pelican
Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPhone 5s, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7
I couldn't agree more. I uninstalled the Amazon App Store about two weeks ago for the same issues. I re-purchased most of my Amazon Apps when the Android Market was having it's 10c sale and was happy to cut ties.
Cheeky1 is offline   Reply With Quote