Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
my dog

This is my dog:

The strip is called Zack Hill, and the dog is a very accurate portrayal of a Boston Terrier.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It could be obstructive sleep apnea. I prescribe a CPAP. (Now let's see him try to strap one of those things onto a dog, and it sounds like a vacuum cleaner, so the dog will go bonkers, this ought to be fun!)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I bet he snorts and snuffles occasionally too. I had a Boston Terrier when I was a teenager. As Brutus got older, he snored louder and we had to turn up the volume on the television or wake him up. He didn't appreciate being waken before he was ready.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
My shih tzus make cute little snuffly snores. It's a very nice soft background. And a comforting sound.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
one of my cats snores. not very loudly, luckily.

once i thought the cat was snoring louder than usual but looking around i discovered she was awake. it was my downstairs neighbor ; i could hear him through the floor. thank god that guy isn't sleeping in my bed.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Several of my cats are snorers. Generally, it's not that loud, however, I do have a few who like to sleep right up next to my head, and when they start up, it's loud enough.

I'll have to check that comic strip out. It looks like one I'd like.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I am told that I make rather spastic muscle movements coupled with cute snorting sounds when I dream about chasing squirrels. I don't believe them, of course.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I am told that I make rather spastic muscle movements coupled with cute snorting sounds when I dream about chasing squirrels. I don't believe them, of course.
WHICH, THE SPASTIC MUSCLE MOVEMENTS OR THE CUTE SNORTING SOUNDS?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Why are you chasing poor Skwerl??
Old 09-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
When I was a kid, my dog -- a malamute who thought she was a lap dog -- could shake the bed frame when she snored. However, if I left the stereo on at night she was quiet.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #11
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
My pug Oompa Loompa used to sleep on my head and snore away.

It was always a contest at who could snore louder.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #12
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
My pug Oompa Loompa used to sleep on my head and snore away.

It was always a contest at who could snore louder.
Who won?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:47 AM   #13
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My Oscar snores lightly sometimes. My Maggie, however, takes things to a different level with her dream-talking. She loudly moans and cries and whines and barks and it tends to worry visitors, but she has always done it (she's very "talky" anyway when awake, and through whines and rfffs and growly moans rather than barks). My late Airedale, Monty, used to do what in Airedale Terrier circles is called The Midnight Howl. This isn't just a normal dog howl, but rather one done by the dog while sleeping, and is a sound that builds up almost exactly like an air-raid siren, until the neighbours are switching on their lights wondering what that horrific, Lovecraftian wail is, and how long their souls are for this world (we did not have any souls left after the first incident from Monty, them having been scared from us to hide in the darkest corners of the cosmos). As mentioned, the source is still asleep, even while his cries shake your foundations (literal and metaphorical). It's times like that that you can appreciate the gentle, lulling tones of a simple snore.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
note to self : even if some unforeseen circumstance somehow convinces you to get a dog, for the love of all things holy DO NOT GET AN AIREDALE TERRIER.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:26 AM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

My dogs have become quite the little plotters and planners. This is off topic simply because it has nothing to do with snoring, however ...

When I walk the dogs, they are supposed to keep their heads up and walk. However, they like to smell everything on the trail, which slows us down, so I don't generally allow it.

Lately, however, they have discovered an interesting ruse. One will start limping (ow ... mom, I have a sticker in my paw), so, I allow the limping doggie to stop and lie down so she can get the sticker out of her paw. Then, I noticed that, rather than lick the paw to get the sticker out .... the nose simply starts sniffing around. Ha ... no real sticker. Fake out!!

I used to let them work the sticker out on their own before getting in there and removing it myself, however, since they have started pulling this stunt, I'm immediately checking the gimpy paw. If there is nothing there, we are moving on down the trail.

Sneaky little buggers.

Tags
unutterable silliness